This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm healed! Thanks to the DEZ success stories

I'm forever grateful to this forum for helping me find the right method to treat my dry eyes. I was reading through every thread in the 'Dry Eye Triumphs' section, and came across a person who had a very natural yet promising treatment to her problem -- taking a combination of Omega 3 and seabuckthorn oil simultaneously which eliminated her dry eyes completely. She also had a similar condition as me (mid-20s sufferer, mgd, sudden dry eyes overnight, etc), though in my case my dry eyes were never as severe as hers.

At first I was a bit skeptical that something so... simple... would work, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt me to try it so I bought Provas Omega 3 (apparently the best Omega 3 in the world?) and Pharma Nord Omega 7 seabuckthorn oil and took double dosages for two weeks. Miraculously, within 3 days I could feel my symptoms reduce significantly and by one week, 90% of my symptoms were gone. In two weeks, I stopped using my eyedrops completely! I still can't believe it, I don't have dry eyes anymore!

My dry eyes were triggered from past usage of Accutane (which I took 5 years ago but only started getting dry eyes a few months ago), which probably wrecked havoc on my oil glands. I reckon the Omega 3 and 7 helped increase oil secretions in my eyelids? Don't really understand the mechanics but all I know it worked for me. And even though I don't feel the symptoms anymore, I'll still continue to take the capsules from now on, just so I won't relapse again.

The Dry Eye Triumphs section is definitely a life saver, I'd recommend anyone to take a walk in the threads and seek out something that would work for them. Don't lose hope!

- Fatin

Thanks for recommending "the best Omega 3 in the world'. I'm surprised you didn't post a link where I could buy some.

Comment

Questions for Fatin:

1. How dry were your eyes I.e. how many times a day did you use drops before?

2. I looked up this omega 3 and it said on the site "it is only available to doctors" so how did you get it? Are you associated with the company?

3. Have you used prescriptions in the past?

4. Did the redness diminish?

Thanks, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
        Questions for Fatin:

1. How dry were your eyes I.e. how many times a day did you use drops before?

2. I looked up this omega 3 and it said on the site "it is only available to doctors" so how did you get it? Are you associated with the company?

3. Have you used prescriptions in the past?

4. Did the redness diminish?

Thanks, congrats!
        1. I have mild-moderate dry eyes (it fluctuates), due to the fact that I was fasting 12 hours every day for a month during Ramadan (I'm Muslim) and the mild dehydration exacerbated my condition. I was putting in eyedrops every two hours when I couldn't eat/drink. And warm and cold compresses did nothing for me, it only made my eyes drier.

2. I was prescribed the supplement from my nutritionist, and for some reason, in my country Malaysia you can get the supplement from over-the-counter pharmacists as well. I'm not too sure about the availability in other countries, but perhaps you can ask your nutritionist whether they have a stock?

3. Prescriptions? Like Restasis? No, I haven't....

4. Well, my red eye veins are here to stay, but no, it doesn't get red anymore.
        Last edited by Fatin; 06-Aug-2013, 15:38.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I would keep taking the supplements to maintain though!

Good luck! Glad to see its possible to get over

Comment

Hi Fatin,

could you please tell what dosage of Pharma Nord Omega 7 seabuckthorn oil you were taking? You wrote that you took double dosages for two weeks. Their site recommends taking 2 capsules twice daily for the first 2 weeks. You were following this or you doubled it (so 4x2 capsules)? Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kylix View Post
              Hi Fatin,

could you please tell what dosage of Pharma Nord Omega 7 seabuckthorn oil you were taking? You wrote that you took double dosages for two weeks. Their site recommends taking 2 capsules twice daily for the first 2 weeks. You were following this or you doubled it (so 4x2 capsules)? Thanks a lot.
              Hi Kylix, I took the dosage recommended on the box, which is double dosage (2 + 2) for the first two weeks. i'm currently taking the normal dosage (1 + 1). Sorry if I didn't clarify it.

Comment

For those looking to buy provas, i think you can buy some here its from Malaysia though so it might be expensive with delivery

http://www.ourhealthmart.com/product...roduct_id=3357

Comment

Hi,

I haven't been in here for a long while, and it's been 2 years now... just an update on my situation, the Omega 7 worked for me (I stopped using Provas fish oil though, too expensive to continue using), but since the seabuckthorn oil increases oil production in all of my glands (eyelids, skin, hair, etc), I had a bout of acne when I first used it for the first 6 months.

Went on a short course of doxycycline for 6 months (because I needed an acne medication that wouldn't distrupt my eyelid glands any further because what brought my dry eyes in the first place was because of Accutane use for my acne) while still taking the Omega 7 capsules, felt really good but I was still afraid that if I stopped taking doxycycline and Omega 7 the dry eyes would start up again.

Well anyways, fast forward to middle of 2014 and I finished my doxy course and a pleasant surprise was that my dry eyes didn't come back after I stopped taking doxycycline, continued using Omega 7 for a while (on and off, I pop in a capsule or two when my eyes get a bit gritty around my menstruation cycle), and now I rarely feel any discomfort. I use eyedrops occasionally, or only when I remember. Other times, I'm completely fine.

My eyes rarely get red anymore too, unless I've been staying up all night at the office for a deadline or something. The existing red veins from my dry eyes days are here to stay though, but luckily it isn't much. And I still do maintenance routine to my eyelid glands, like running them under warm water in the shower and massaging them, coz hey it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Looking back I think I had a mild case of MGD brought about from eye fatigue from my work, which was accelerated due to a previous course of Accutane, and unbalanced hormones. Omega 7/seabuckthorn oil helped me bring back a balance to the oil production in my eyelid glands, and I'm thankful for it.

Now I know that my post won't help much for the more severe patients, but I thought I'd like to share my remedy to people who might have similar conditions as mine. After all, Moni's post helped me find a cure that worked for me, so I thought that I'd help someone else too

(Btw, I've recommended seabuckthorn oil to a few of my older aunts who have dry eyes due to age, and so far their reactions are positive. It does help a bit, especially easing the itchiness and dryness.)

Cheers, and hope everyone finds their own remedy as well. - Fatin

Comment

responsible poster with an update 2 years later, totally worth my comeback.
                    thanks

Comment

just want to comfirm Fatin's story, i also read moni's story and began talking Omega - 7 (Macadamia Nuts in my case), really made a difference. even though my dry eye is not gone yet, but big improvement is being felt already.

Comment

Working...
                      X