Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosanna do you still use this? Is it still helping or no?

Comment

No I stopped...maybe I should restart. I still haven't recovered from a bad flare about a month ago. Restasis is starting to make my eyes red now. Maybe I didnt notice it as much before because my eyes were in better shape. I think Restasis burns more if your eyes are aqueous deficient.

Comment

How long have you used it for? It took about 4-6 months for the redness from Restasis to go away. I don't get any redness from it anymore. I have quit numerous times. This time I've stayed on it and have more tears. I wish I could solve the MGD problem.

Comment

I have been on it for almost a year. It never made my eyes red until recently. I thought it was helping until my setback last month..I've noticed a marked decrease in tears since. Maybe I shouldn't quite Restasis then.

Comment

Originally posted by hosanna13 View Post
            DCRdryeye, Can you comment on if this product stings at all? Thanks.
            I've been absent for a few months and realize I didn't answer this question. Yes indeed it does sting upon application just like a bee lol. But I find it tolerable and enjoy the reflex tearing it causes. After the initial stinging, I experience a very soothing sensation and feel more comfortable for the rest of the day. It's specifically for those with MGD and it may not be for you if extreme redness, rosacea and heightened sensitivity to pain (eg: corneal hyperneuralgia) is a problem for you.

Comment

DCRdryeye I am using manuka honey on my lid margins and feel no stinging or redness. This is day 2 and I feel better. Has the optimel resolved your mgd? If so, how long did it take?

Comment

I totally forgot that I have tried honey drops in the past! I am now applying manuka honey on my lid margins too (day 2). Still stings like a bee and turns my eyes red. I don't try to use a lot of honey. Just a thin coating on my margins. Optimel is 98% manuka honey and rest saline, so I think it's basically the same thing minus the high cost from Australia.

Comment

Working...
                X