Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My eyes are better. The Cliradex helped, but I am not "cured". Still wear moisture retaining goggles much of the time, use drops and must do compresses, expression and scrubs. I am using far less eyedrops than before. Maybe one vial a day, sometimes one and a half. Thank you for asking CC00, and best wishes.

Comment

Love these wipes and they are the only thing that has ever killed my blepharitis and i have tried everything! I am sure it will come back if i stopped using these but despite the cost i will continue using them. I still have mgd but my tear film and photosensitivity both improved after the first month of using these.

Comment

Over 8 or so years, greater than 10 eye doctors, 4 skin doctors, after restasis (restasis for 4 years, should I calculate $$$), punctal plugs, (castor oil, so many other gimmicks. . .), new eye Dr. in Maryland today KNEW that I had Ocular rosacea and KNEW that I had Demodex (I felt I was educating most of the other eye Dr's I went to). Showed me the pictures that look like the ones I see online. Am so hopeful that my cliradex treatments am staring today, that I am also rubbing around my eye (face?) will ultimately address the eyelid pain, dry eye, blepharitis, foreign object sensation, et al. So many other false hopes over the years, am I a fool to once again think I have a cure? Throughout all my googling, research, etc., can't say I recall demodex or tree tea oil standing out.

Tempted to also use tea tree oil shampoo but is not in a strong enough concentration to kill demodex, but any value?

Comment

Hi zcwarnerx, if demodex are part of the cause there are lots of things you can do to kill them and stop them breeding. You need to break their lifecycle and stop them from mating. I have/had demodex (not sure if I still do, could still be in meibomian glands and eye lash follicles).

I have been dealing with them since January and things have got better through strict regime, which includes/included (I have stopped doing certain things as things got better), using tea tree shampoo, conditioner and body wash (I think this is very worthwile as mites can travel from hair to eyes - you can also make your own tea tree shampoo if you google make your own tea tree shampoo), changing pillow cases every night, ironing pillow cases to kill demodex, tumble drying them, making sure all bedding is washed on a hot setting. Demodex like the dark so somehow youve got to stop their night time activity, they come out on to your face to mate at night so I started using coconut oil on my eyes and faces, certain coconut oil can be irritating to eyes, make sure it is not a cooking one, i use tiana from holland and barrett (http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...042903?c=tiana). The last week and a half I have been sleeping with my light on and sure enough upon waking in the morning my eyes have felt less gritty. I also wash m face in tea tree face wash and rubbed in to lash line and lids and left it on for 2 mins. I am now using sterilid by thera tears as it contains tea tree and is less harsh than tea tree face wash, but I think early on its good to use something strong to really get the eradication of the demodex going.

Have you ever had blephex treatment done? I have this done every 2-3 months, it really helped me

Cath x

Originally posted by xcwarnerx View Post
          Over 8 or so years, greater than 10 eye doctors, 4 skin doctors, after restasis (restasis for 4 years, should I calculate $$$), punctal plugs, (castor oil, so many other gimmicks. . .), new eye Dr. in Maryland today KNEW that I had Ocular rosacea and KNEW that I had Demodex (I felt I was educating most of the other eye Dr's I went to). Showed me the pictures that look like the ones I see online. Am so hopeful that my cliradex treatments am staring today, that I am also rubbing around my eye (face?) will ultimately address the eyelid pain, dry eye, blepharitis, foreign object sensation, et al. So many other false hopes over the years, am I a fool to once again think I have a cure? Throughout all my googling, research, etc., can't say I recall demodex or tree tea oil standing out.

Tempted to also use tea tree oil shampoo but is not in a strong enough concentration to kill demodex, but any value?
          27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

thank you cathy8889. Good to know about the Blephex treatment. Yes, I now mix my own shampoos and facial oils and experimenting with dilution percentages to get as high a percentage of TTO, like you said at least strong for the first few weeks. I go back to eye dr. in about 4 weeks to see how control is going - I still am getting a bit of dry eye in my problem eye, but not near as bad as in our harsh winter, but correcting the the blepharaitis caused by demodex can only help it. The coconut oil is good to know about and will start mixing TTO with that for my facial oil. I do think this treatment is helping redness around nose, rosacea? Interesting to see some articles actually pointing to demodex as cause of rosacea. Do you not get cliridex wipes in europe?

Best,

Chris

Comment

I live in France and no we don't have Cliradex here in Europe.
              To be honest, I really have the feeling Cliradex is one of the only thing working, but only short term. After using it my eye are always more wet, don't know if it is aqueous tears or meibum, but it's really soothing

Comment

After reading a member on the Rosacea Forum clear her ocular rosacea from Terpinen-4-ol (The active ingredient in Cliradex) I bought some bottled and have started using mineral oil mixed with the 100% Terpinen oil. The first application I mixed was way to strong and needs to be more diluted. She used 20% Terpinen to mineral oil. I'll post if it works. My eyes actually feel more irritated from the first application but it was mixed way to strong....

Comment

Working...
                X