Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dryeye99
    replied
    I tried all those supplements & restricted my foods too but what cured my dry red painful eyes and eyelids was tea tree wash from Trader Joes Tea Tree shampoo full strength just a pea size dollop over both closed eyelids twice daily, let it sit after softly sudsing lashes, rinse off with shower or sink tapwater...pat dry... i dont need any supplements or any mediacted eye drops ...no eye drops at all & i am so happy hth i stopped supplements & back to eating normal foods without hassle
    Last edited by dryeye99; 28-Sep-2018, 18:08. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• lemonsniper
    replied
    Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
    To take a pill without choking simply take it with food. Take a mouthfull, chew it up and just as you are about to swallow toss the pill in and it all goes down smooth as glass, you can't even notice it. I can take as many as 3 at a time this way, for sure 2 big ones. YOu can add a sip of water at the same time if you wish but the food alone is enough to carry it away.
    Nice, thanks for the tip. Will try this out and let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• farmgirl
    replied
    To take a pill without choking simply take it with food. Take a mouthfull, chew it up and just as you are about to swallow toss the pill in and it all goes down smooth as glass, you can't even notice it. I can take as many as 3 at a time this way, for sure 2 big ones. YOu can add a sip of water at the same time if you wish but the food alone is enough to carry it away.

Leave a comment:

• lemonsniper
    replied
    I mean yes, I take every pill with water. The pill cutter idea is a good one, but what about the fishy aftertaste? I have heard that taking it split, leaves a lingering taste on your tongue and I don't want that.

Leave a comment:

• diydry
    replied
    Can you take it with water? You could also buy a pill cutter and split it into 2 pieces. If I recall it's harder than soft gel but maybe they have multiple products.

Leave a comment:

• lemonsniper
    replied
    OK so I just ordered Thera Tears and I'm worried about swallowing the pill without choking on it, as these softgels are usually pretty large. What is the method you guys use to swallow softgels? I have heard the lean forward method doesn't work here.

Leave a comment:

• diydry
    replied
    I don't know. You could try BioTears to see if that ships to Canada. I believe they are closely related products.

Leave a comment:

• lemonsniper
    replied
    Anyone know where to buy HydroEye online in Canada? The one sold on Amazon.com doesn't ship to Canada.

Leave a comment:

• jack_bristow
    replied
    I stopped using it for a while because I couldn't afford the expensive Q-Gel CoQ10. Effects from Q-Sorb CoQ10 were far smaller than I initially experienced, compared to Q-Gel. Now I have a job, so I went back to the ideal regimen and it does make a big difference. There are sometimes other reasons for my interruption of CoQ10, and that is that it can give me a cold. Hope this doesn't happen again. Had the same effect with Taurine (getting a cold).

Leave a comment:

• diydry
    replied
    Thanks for this. Ok, I may consider reintroducing the astaxanthan or CoQ10 slowly. I was taking 2g flaxseed oil already with the HydroEye which may have had a blood thinning effect in aggregate. I’d be interested to hear if this combo is still helping you. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• jack_bristow
    replied
    @diydry: Actually the dosage is 191% of daily recommended dose of Vitamin E, as it ends up being 42 IU. According to studies I've seen, the hint of first negative effects might start at 150 IU per day, which is 3.5 times that.. I highly doubt Vitamin E alone thinned your blood so much. Chances are, you're already taking 3-4 grams of Fish Oil or are on Warfarin or Eliquis, at which point the Vitamin E might've simply been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Leave a comment:

• diydry
    replied
    Thanks for sharing. I tried this combo for a few weeks and I experienced bleeding while using the restroom. The combined capsules have something like 300% of your daily Vitamin E dose (Vitamin E is a known blood thinner). I stopped for now but I might ask a functional medicine doc about what combination of CoQ10 and Astaxanthin might work for me, a smaller dose may be appropriate. I've tried HydroEye / BioTears and I do think they help.

Leave a comment:

• jack_bristow
    replied
    Italyboy It's hard to say because I didn't just start taking all 3 supplements at the same time. I've been taking different parts of this formula on and off for a long time. HydroEye I've been taking for years already. When I go off HydroEye, things get significantly worse.

westsnoop I believe there's a high chance that Swanson uses the same formula as the "brand". Typical ubiquinone is mixed with soybean oil, and is only fat-soluble. That formula originated at Tishcon corporation and is both fat- and hydro-soluble, which matches the claim on the Swanson box.

Keep in mind that I'm 6"1 225lbs, and 200mg of Ubiquinone for me may equal 100mg for you...

Leave a comment:

• westsnoop
    replied
    Swanson, the online supplement company, has a house brand of the Q-gel CoQ10. Whether or not it is as good as the brand name I can't say, but it is a lot cheaper. Swanson has a good reputation.

Leave a comment:

• Italyboy
    replied
    1 Jack how long you was on this before you see an actualy improvement? I mean it was immediately or it take weeks to kick in ?

2 do you think if I add also omega 3 ( 3600 mg daily - 1000 EPA - 750 DHA daily ) It will be bad for the other combination or it doesn’t matters at all if I ADD other supplement?

3 same with question 2 but with vitamins d3 (5000ui) + vitamin k2 600 mcg

4 you don’t know if you had blepharitis or something like MGD , but usually they go hand in hand with dry eyes , so I guess you had just blurry vision and some burn ?? Thanks
    Last edited by Italyboy; 03-Apr-2018, 05:01.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X