Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using it fairly regularly now for a few months and really like the extra energy it seems to give me, especially as I tend to take it just prior to working out. Faith: for me, it definitely has a stimulant quality to it, so not sure if you would like that aspect of it. Taking it in the morning is a good idea, as I don't imagine it would interfere with your regular sleep that way. As for improvement with my eyes, it is very difficult to gauge whether it has made a difference due to the quantity of other supplements I have been taking too (namely, compounded testosterone eye drops which were initially very promising, but have ended up being just a soothing (and expensive) drop - - - and my other staples: Omega 3, cod liver oil, taurine, lutein, bilberry and the A-E vitamins!). It may indeed be helping some though. I have been using "Maca Powder" in gelatinized powder form, 1-2 tsp mixed in with a protein shake.

One other precaution if you start taking this: start out slowly, maybe 1/2 teaspoon initially. The first day I took it, I had a full teaspoon, and experienced a very unpleasant "bowel movement" (sorry) later that afternoon with some intestinal duress. So, ease into this at first, to avoid that bit of unpleasantness. I noticed no problems like described after a few days of taking it.
    Last edited by MGD666; 05-Aug-2014, 10:07.

Comment

I took the maca for a month and it did not do anything for me. sure wish it was the opposite!

Comment

Hi Faith, not from my experience. The best way is to just start with a small amount like a heaped teaspoon. Good luck.
        Jamie

Comment

In fact, estrogen dominance is not always the culprit. Im a 26 y/o woman with hormonal issues (VERY low estradiol and progesterone, normal testosterone) and suffer from severe MGD.

Comment

Where can I buy a good maca powder?

Comment

Dominorose, great point. It is accepted and documented that progesterone can play a part as well. It's a complex issue and can not always just be pegged to one absolute such as testosterone, agreed.

I get my Maca from iherb.com Best :-)
              Jamie

Comment

Thanks jads, I will try

Comment

How did you go with the Maca Domino ? Interested to hear any thoughts.
                  Jamie

Comment

Did anyone besides jads have luck with maca? It contains histidine (http://www.maca-usa.com/maca-composition.html) which your gut bacteria converts to histamine, which is released by mast (white) blood cells to increase blood flow which causes inflammation. Specifically, has anyone with ocular rosacea had luck with maca? It seems counter-intuitive to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X