This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebecca's Make Sense helped my DES, bleph, roscea

I hesitated to post this because I do not want to appear that I am shilling for any company. A couple of years ago I posted that Mimyx cream, recommended by my dermatologist, not my ophthalmologist, had helped my eyes tremendously. Then it was replaced by a generic cream Prumyx, and Mimyx was not available any longer. Prumxy was better than not using anything but did not work as well as Mimyx. I've experimented with various oils, creams around my lid margins, like olive oil and coconut oil with no success. Fast forward to two weeks ago when I randomly ran across Rebecca's make Sense 11th hour Facial Cream. a mixture of argan oil, carrot oil, rose hip, and primrose evening oil. I figured what the hey. Well, this cream has made my eyes feel better even than the Mimyx cream. I apply it around my eyes, rubbing it into my eyelash area and lid margins. My dermatologist originally told me "the most important thing is, don't let the area around your lid margins get dry." It was ironic that advice given by my dermatologist helped more than 30 years of advice by my various ophthalmologists. The burning, even searing feeling that made me appear as if I had spent the day crying was relieved a lot by Mimyx. but Rebecca's Makes Sense has helped even more. Seriously, I have seen posts by other DES patients that have mentioned suicide. While I could not go that far, I was very empathetic. I could not enjoy reading, watching TV, or working on the computer for more than 30 minutes. I have had R/K, with 16 slices, chronic blepharitis, and ocular roscea, I've lost most of my formerly lush eyelashes. I've had punctal plugs and tried every prescribed and OTC medication on the market. I have been using the 11th hour Facial Cream around my eyes for 2 weeks and have felt more relief than I have felt in the last 20 years. I now use this cream and Unisol saline solution. I stopped using all the lubricant eye drops about a year ago when I decided that every time I started a new drop, it soon just began to irritate my eyes more than helping them, seeming to dry into goop within 2-3 hours. I now use RMS 11th hour facial cream around my eyes in the morning and at night before I go to bed. I use Unisol 2-4 drops in the morning to wash out my eyes just before the RMS, and may use Unisol once or twice more before the day is out. It's hard to believe that I can go for a half day and not even think about my eyes. I can't remember the last time that has happened. I'm almost afraid that I will jinx this by posting it on the list. Don't get me wrong, this is not perfect, but I'm at about 90-95% of normal on most days. I recently ordered her unscented soap to use for washing my face to see if that might improve it even further. I have to add that I have bad allergies and this also affects my eyes, so I occasionally also have to use Zaditor. It's crazy that Alaway, which is somewhat cheaper and has all the same ingredients except it has glycerol instead of glycerine, does not have the same effect as Zaditor. So, Rebecca's Make Sense 11th Hour Facial Cream, Unisol, and occasionally Zaditor is now my routine. Wish me luck. I hope this will continue to be the magic bullet for me.

How do you order this?! Congrats and I wish you all the best

Comment

Rebecca's Makes Sense

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      How do you order this?! Congrats and I wish you all the best
      I ordered it from her website http://rebeccasmakessense.com/ . FWIW, I also ordered her shampoo and conditioner, and the itching on my scalp has really quieted down. I wish you luck and hope this helps you as much as it has helped me.

Comment

Hi Dru!
        I have the same symptoms as you!
        So i wanted to order the cream but they don't ship to Europe. What can i do? i really want to try it out
        Congratulations! Its nice to know there is a sparkle of hope !
        By the way, did you ever tried IPL for the eyes?

Comment

I ordered some of this since the skin around my eyes gets so dry. Just received it today, and can say that it is unscented (which is awesome), and so far it hasn't irritated my skin. (Super sensitive skin here.) Have been treating with Cliradex for Demodex, which has helped the plugged glands, so am not sure about using any kind of oils around the eye just yet, but we will see. Thanks for posting Dru.

Comment

Originally posted by hopingforfuture View Post
            Hi Dru!
            I have the same symptoms as you!
            So i wanted to order the cream but they don't ship to Europe. What can i do? i really want to try it out
            Congratulations! Its nice to know there is a sparkle of hope !
            By the way, did you ever tried IPL for the eyes?
            Hey hopingforfuture

I live in Austria and ordered Rebeccas cream. Its no problem to ship internationally, just write her an Email and she will respond very quickly. She is very friendly and will help you with your order.

I ordered a few days ago and she already shipped my goods. They should arrive in approximately 10 days. Looking forward to try out the cream.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bojan89 View Post
              Hey hopingforfuture

I live in Austria and ordered Rebeccas cream. Its no problem to ship internationally, just write her an Email and she will respond very quickly. She is very friendly and will help you with your order.

I ordered a few days ago and she already shipped my goods. They should arrive in approximately 10 days. Looking forward to try out the cream.

Good luck!
              Thank u very much for the reply!
              I will write her an email !!!
              I hope it works out for you ... Good luck to you also

Comment

Hi, it's Dru again. I was wondering if the cream had helped anyone else with their burning and stinging. I realize that everyone's condition may be different but I was fervently hoping that this could be the solution for at least a few others. A few days ago I caught a bad bug or virus that culminated in a very nasty eye infection. Tobradex is helping, but this morning I began to worry that the 11th Hour cream could have been contaminated. It certainly would have been easy for this to happen, dipping back and forth between the container and my eyes. So I ordered another container, and will use the remainder just for my face, not my eyes. I'll switch back to the cream my dermatologist had provided for me until I receive the new 11th Hour. I thought it wouldn't hurt to post this as a general reminder that eye infections are easily carried over into your creams and eye make-up. Also, I think that your pillow case should be kept clean until the infection is cleared. On a somewhat non-related note: the price of Tobradex is ridiculous! I paid $57 and my insurance paid $72.

Comment

Dru, I use the cream and wash my hands before sticking them in the jar, then put the cream on the back of my hand and apply from there. I don't notice that it has helped my eyes at all, but my eyelids aren't chapped anymore.

Comment

In the beginning I didnīt notice anything, but a few days ago I tried to spread the cream over my closed eyes and the skins around (before going to bed). During the night it was a weird feeling, but in the morning when I woke up, I realized that my dry eyes improved for a bit. Then I have to wash it out, because otherwise it doesīt feel comfortable during the day. This was my first day. I will keep you updated in a week or two
                    hopefully this is a solution!

Wish you guys all the best

Bojan

Comment

Originally posted by bojan89 View Post
                      In the beginning I didnīt notice anything, but a few days ago I tried to spread the cream over my closed eyes and the skins around (before going to bed). During the night it was a weird feeling, but in the morning when I woke up, I realized that my dry eyes improved for a bit. Then I have to wash it out, because otherwise it doesīt feel comfortable during the day. This was my first day. I will keep you updated in a week or two
                      hopefully this is a solution!

Wish you guys all the best

Bojan
                      Be sure not to glob it on. I apply a thin film on my upper lids, with my eyes closed, paying special attention to the area next to the lashes; then I open my eyes and apply a thin film under them, again paying special attention to the area next to the lashes. I then apply to the inner and outer corners of my eyes. It helps if you do this after you have washed your face and before your eye area gets bone dry. I think this has mostly been helpful for my blepharitis, which in turn soothes my dry eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X