Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This supplement is clearly doing something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This supplement is clearly doing something.

I abandoned fish oil years ago after it brought no results, then experimented with Astaxanthin, Krill Oil, Theratears Nutrition, and most recently went thru 4 months of HydroEye.

Astaxanthin worked for a week or two. Maxi Tears (HydroEye-like supplement which has turmeric and D3) actually worked better than Hydroeye... for a week or two. HydroEye itself made almost no difference.

I believe I'm past 3 weeks using this new supplement which continues to have a tangible effect. It had an effect within the first hour of taking it, and continues having the effect every time (knocks on wood). It's very high quality fish oil (this one works?!) mixed with vitamin D3.

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Natural...5811074&sr=8-1

I take it after food, and within an hour my eyes oil up.

I would like to know what other people's reactions to this would be. Note: I'm not a salesman of Nordic Naturals My account here is quite old.

Originally posted by jack_bristow View Post
    I believe I'm past 3 weeks using this new supplement which continues to have a tangible effect.

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Natural...5811074&sr=8-1

I take it after food, and within an hour my eyes oil up.

I would like to know what other people's reactions to this would be. Note: I'm not a salesman of Nordic Naturals My account here is quite old.
    Just curious... people have noted that their eyes feel better while/after eating (e.g., http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ghlight=Eating).

Perhaps you could experiment to see if your eyes improve due to the supplement versus eating. I take supplements myself but I never notice anything, well, noticeable! I have not tried Nordic Naturals however.

Hoping your success continues!

Comment

You're right, I haven't eaten for the past 14 years, so starting to eat now AND take this supplement is confusing the results of the experiment.

Comment

Well, that's kinda snotty.

Just to be clear, I was thinking that changing the time when the supplement is taken to see if there is an effect an hour later would be an interesting experiment... in order to weed out any other thing that might be happening.

And then, you could use the knowledge of that hour waittime to your benefit... i.e., if you have something planned and you need your eyes to be at their best, you can take the supplement one hour ahead of time. I think I'd just take the supplement every hour to make sure my eyes were always comfortable.
        Last edited by spmcc; 20-Jul-2014, 22:36.

Comment

You can't apparently take the hint, as you keep acting on arbitrary assumptions which all lean toward the idea of me being a complete cretin.

Stop hurting my brain.

EDIT: To whoever else may be reading this, taking fish oil every hour (as above poster recommends) would catastrophically affect blood coagulation. It is a terrible idea.

Comment

Jack I don't think spmcc is suggesting that at all. It's quite unusual for supplements to work so quickly and a lot of us have felt better whilst eating, strange but true.

You are of course right though, no one should take fish oil so frequently. I take 4 fish oil capsules per day (can't remember the exact mg quantity) and when I had a blood test the other day it took ages to stop bleeding.

Wish you continued dry eye improvement with this supplement.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_bristow View Post
              You can't apparently take the hint, as you keep acting on arbitrary assumptions which all lean toward the idea of me being a complete cretin.

Stop hurting my brain.

EDIT: To whoever else may be reading this, taking fish oil every hour (as above poster recommends) would catastrophically affect blood coagulation. It is a terrible idea.
              My first inclination after reading your first post was to put Nordic Naturals in my amazon shopping cart. I did that.

My second inclination is to wonder if there's anything else that could be happening. When you mentioned taking the supplement with food, I instantly thought of all the reports by people who notice their eyes feel better after eating (also chewing gum, sucking on candy, yawning, staring into the sun...) so, I wanted to know if you had experimented. That's all. I apologize if you thought my post was antagonistic.

Yes, I know that high doses of fish oil are not good for you. One doctor told me 2-4 gms per day... But that could be divided into smaller doses taken thru out the day. I would check with your own doctor however.

Comment

How do you think I determined that something works in the first place, if I didn't notice this difference between "eating" (which I do everyday) vs. "eating+supplement"?

Do you think I'm that gullible and fall easily for placebo effect? If that is the case, how was I able to determine that other fish oils and supplements brought no results in the past? How did I single out this one?

Hopefully you see now why your line of questioning can be seen as bizarre. I've had this condition for 14 years, not 14 hours.

Comment

Jack, do you know the cause of your dry eyes? Sorry if you have stated this before. I can't see it on your profile page.

Comment

I don't know. Both ophtalmologists I went to back then were hopeless and wasted my time with multiple visits. They were just guessing. My Schirmer score was very low. They gave me Restasis. It gave me eye spasms. I stopped. Punctal plugs. Didn't work. They made me lead a pointless diary. That's where I abandoned the doctors.

Comment

Just a thumbs up for NORDIC NATURALS for their fish oils. They are manufactured to the strictest criteria and not from farmed fish. They are very pure, but come at a price. Certainly one of the most expensive brands.

Comment

I'm still researching on whether the effect is improved when combined with Astaxanthin, Lutein, Zeaxanthin and Lysine.

Comment

I'm gunna order some. I need more fish oil.. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Comment

My primary care physician advised me to use NORDIC NATURALS after I had wasted years worth of my money with METAGENICS fish oil. Though my stomach can't stand it, my partner has been taking this for several years now and loves it. We buy this at the Whole Foods Market and I couldn't think of a better fish oil. Glad it's worked for someone else.

Comment

Jack, U need to chill.

Comment

Working...
                              X