This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A medical miracle about to happen / this could be big

I knew they would figure it out! I knew that there would be things that actually could help my Lasik induced dry eye tear deficiency. I just had to hold on long enough! Well this looks huge. I stumbled across this article today and it came out in May 2014. Bottom line is that they are testing in the UK and in the U.S. a tiny device that is implanted next to your lacrimal tear glands that can stimulate the production of tears up to five times the amount. Can you imagine that! Five times the tears I have now! Yippeeee! And I think that's only the beginning. Now I know nothing is perfect and the 12 month trials have just begun but as this becomes perfected, some of our horrible days of dry eye could be over or at the least majorly relieved. Please read the article below. This brings me so much hope! Be aware that this is for those who suffer from low tear production. If you are anxious and depressed, HANG ON! Your prayers may be answered very soon. Hang on my friends, hang on!

Read the article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...rs-tested.html

Hurrah!

Hi Theggman,

This article is interesting, thanks for posting. I had Lasik surgery in 2007 and was fine for 2 years, then boom. Severe Dry eye hit out of no where. Just wondering if the Thera life vitamins are still helping you and if you are still taking the blood serum?

Comment

It will probably have reduced efficiency as body compensates... but hope is nice.

Comment

Hard to believe that the artificial tears industry will let this happen.

Comment

I still want to know if the device stimulates basal tears or reflex tears. This is something they should be able to tell us. http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ighlight=basal

Comment

Lasik Dry Eye

Originally posted by runnergirl View Post
            Hi Theggman,

This article is interesting, thanks for posting. I had Lasik surgery in 2007 and was fine for 2 years, then boom. Severe Dry eye hit out of no where. Just wondering if the Thera life vitamins are still helping you and if you are still taking the blood serum?
            Yes, I am still using both and they help immensely. They are two of the best things I've tried.

Comment

Just my thought: Doesn't the Dry Eye need the oil with the tears? If the oil production isn't sufficient - the tears will just make the eyes red.
              Eileen

Comment

A total ban on LASIK may also be a move in the right direction!

Comment

Originally posted by Stressed Steve View Post
                  A total ban on LASIK may also be a move in the right direction!
                  Yes! First thing to "cure" dry eye is ban those things that cause dry eye.

Comment

Hey do excess tears only cause redness when there's an inflammatory element there already?

Cath x
                    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Working...
                    X