Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tested Over 100+ Supplements/Vitamins/Minerals, What Helped Me the Most.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tested Over 100+ Supplements/Vitamins/Minerals, What Helped Me the Most.

    Hi,

    So I decided to take some of my time and create this thread, it might be very useful for a lot of you who're suffering with the dry eye. Over the last 10 years I've tested over 100 supplements/vitamins and minerals to see which ones can help with my dry eye issue, I have to say that with some of them you could potentially get rid of this problem, but it can come with some drawbacks.


    From every supplement that I've tried here's a shortlist of supplements/vitamins/minerals that worked for dry eyes:

    1st one:

    Flaxseed oil

    The one that worked the best was "Tesco Omega 3+6+9" the ingredients are:

    Linseed Oil, Capsule Shell (Beef Gelatin, Glycerol, Triglycerides, Colours (Titanium Dioxide, Copper Chlorophyllin, Iron Oxide), Antioxidants (Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol)), Sesame Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Soya Lecithin, Rosemary Oil

    ~80% of it consists of Flaxseed (linseed oil) the other ~20% of a combination of oils, from trying many of them as stand alone the one that seems to work the best is Linseed Oil (Flaxeed oil).

    You can ether try getting Flaxseed Oil as a stand alone or getting the above one that has some extra oils as well, if it's not available in your country check out some other brands there are many, only see to it that more then half is Flaxseed Oil.

    It works better then fish oil, the drawback is that if you're taking a lot of it and over a long period of time, you might start getting acne. I recommend taking 3g a day ,1g tablet 3 times a day. You can start seeing instant effect in a day or two. I'm giving this remedy 5/5.


    2nd one:

    Zinc

    Taking 25-50g a day should help a lot. I've been taking it over 5 years now, 10-50g a day, you can't be taking the maximum of 50g a day over extended period of time or you risk of developing kidney stones, I've been taking about 30g a day, and once I dial it back to a few grams in a few days dry eyes come back. You should start seeing the effect of Zinc relatively fast but not as fast as taking flaxseed/above supplement.


    3rd one:

    High doses of vitamin C

    I recommend doing your own research before you start mega-dosing, I did mine. About 10g of Vitamin C a day helps a lot with the dry eyes, you can try taking it for a few weeks and see if it helps you, then try dialing it back.


    4th one:

    Magnolia Bark dry extract, seemed to help.


    5th one:

    Vitamin d3

    Started taking it because of non eye related reasons, but was surprised that it improved my dry eyes as well, did some research and according to some studies it helps eye filter etc.


    Extra one:

    From a ton of different eye drops I tried the one that helped the most was "Artelac Rebalance", although it's nowhere near even in the realm of being as effective as flaxseed and zinc, just a small additional thing.


    I'd recommend starting with the 3g of FlaxSeed and 50g of zinc, and then go from there. If after a week you don't see any improvement you can try doubling the FlaxSeed intake.

    Hopefully you find this post helpful, good luck
    Last edited by RedEye71; 18-Sep-2018, 11:58.

  • #2
    Iíll give this a go and see if I see any improvement.
    Are the Tesco capsules good quality, because of heard that bad quality omega is bad for you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Also should I try the FLAXSEED first to see if it takes any effect, then try the zinc otherwise I wonít know which one works

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
        Iíll give this a go and see if I see any improvement.
        Are the Tesco capsules good quality, because of heard that bad quality omega is bad for you.
        I hadn't had any problems so far.

        Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
        Also should I try the FLAXSEED first to see if it takes any effect, then try the zinc otherwise I wonít know which one works
        Yes, that's a good idea.

        Comment


        • #5
          RedEye71 - just out of curiosity, what made you go with the Tesco one. Have you tried any that are created for people with dry eyes e.g. TheraTears, Omega Eye....

          Comment


          • #6
            Why is flaxseed oil better than Omega 3's?

            Comment

            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X