This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appear to be fixed!

I don't know if this is a success story because it seems like most of my symptoms were because of a bad habit of mine.

Some of you may remember my posts, most of which I wrote while experiencing extreme discomfort (at least for me). It seems like my problems were related to one of the monitors that I was using, and my symptoms essentially stopped about a week after I stopped using it. The monitor is a VG248QE by ASUS and it's not a regular monitor, it's a monitor with a high refresh rate, that is, 144hz, along with a lightboost function which allows the picture to seem more fluid.

Anyway I won't make this post much longer because I don't think it's the case with many (if any) people here, and from reading around I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same symptoms I've experienced. Long story short, my eyes got much, much better since I stopped using the monitor 2 months ago. It's by no means perfect, I still use Muro 128 to sleep and I still sometimes wake up with uncomfortable eyes, but it's FAR from the intense discomfort I used to have to deal with all day every day, even when I didn't use the monitors sometimes for 2-3 days at a time.

And so now I can do my job using my other monitors

So there you go. Maybe this will help some people.

I only use a CRT monitor.

If I had to try using a backlit monitor again, it would be from BenQ ZeroFlicker series, because they have no PWM or other cheap tricks, and thus they DON'T FLICKER.

PWM, or pulse-width modulation, is a cost-saving feature which creates various brightness levels not by dimming the lamp, but by turning it on and off really fast. It is out there in 99.99% of all monitors, and in 100% of all laptop displays.

It is also a major eye irritant, and those with sensitive eyes can feel it.

Comment

Working...
    X