This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some success with azithromycin

I was prescribed azithromycin, 2 tablets for 3 days, and it helped within 24 hours. I had pain in my cheek under my worse eye for about 4 weeks constant. I almost didnt even go and get the script, bc i tried doxycycline a few years back and it just made things worse. So after 4.5 years, this is the first medicine to actually help (apart from the serum drops). Its a week later now, and the cheek pain hasnt come back and my eyes do feel better generally, but i dont want to get too excited bc ive had so many disappointments. But im going to read more about this medicine as i think it comes in eye drop and cream as well. I have evaporative dry eye from mgd.

As a side note, i had a friend whose mom died from cancer, and he gave me some of her painkillers from the terminal stage, i think it was oxycontin or oxycodone, so i took 20mg (4 tablets) of the immediate release one day, and although i was zonked out for a couple hours it didnt numb my eyes, which i was interested in to see if it did.

The pain i get on and off under my worse eye is like a bruise, you are not really aware of it until you touch it. Maybe it was just coincedince, bc the weather here has been cloudy for about 2 weeks straight, but I'm definitely going to investigate this medicine further.

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbler View Post
      The pain i get on and off under my worse eye is like a bruise, you are not really aware of it until you touch it. Maybe it was just coincedince, bc the weather here has been cloudy for about 2 weeks straight, but I'm definitely going to investigate this medicine further.
      I was reading your posts and it appears that it has been seven months since you posted. How did the azithromycin work out? Did it resolve your issues?

Comment

It did partly, temporarily. I had quite a heavy dose over 3 days, and in the immediate days following it definitely felt like my eyes had got some of their old protection back. About a 30% improvement. It wasn't permanent though, lasted a few weeks and faded.

However I wouldn't recommend taking it. I think it affected my immune system and a month later something happened I feel due to mental stress and a compromised immune system. If you read about the side effects some are pretty serious, regarding the intestinal tract. Also it makes you more susceptible to pneumonia in the future (I've already had double pneumonia when I was younger). So in hindsight I wouldn't have tried it.

Although I may try Azyter, which is the cream, as it doesnt have to pass through the digestive system. If there was a way to take azithromycin without any side effects it would be a very useful drug for our problems.

Comment

Working...
        X