This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-Acetyl-Carnosine Eye Drops

I have cataracts in both eyes that have been increasing for the last few years. The one in my right eye seemed to be interfering with getting a new lens prescription. I was having more trouble seeing at a distance out of the right eye. The DO said I had to have the cataract removed before my vision could be improved.

In an effort to shrink the cataract, I started using N-Acetyl-Carnosine Eye Drops in my right eye. It takes several months for it to work on a cataract, if it is going to work at all; however, I noticed that it seemed to relieve my dry eye problems, which are worse later in the day. I have no idea if it will help anyone else, but it has helped me.

It appears to have reduced the cataract somewhat as my DO was able to give me a new lens script which has really improved my vision. In May I'll have a more complete exam and determine how much the cataract shrank.

Anyway I thought the dry eye issue was an interesting side issue. I now put in it both eyes when my dry eye gets bad in the evenings.

Where do you get these drops please ?

What type of dry eye do you have please ?

Regards Finbar

Thanks for posting your success

Comment

Originally posted by jackolso View Post
      I have cataracts in both eyes that have been increasing for the last few years. The one in my right eye seemed to be interfering with getting a new lens prescription. I was having more trouble seeing at a distance out of the right eye. The DO said I had to have the cataract removed before my vision could be improved.

In an effort to shrink the cataract, I started using N-Acetyl-Carnosine Eye Drops in my right eye. It takes several months for it to work on a cataract, if it is going to work at all; however, I noticed that it seemed to relieve my dry eye problems, which are worse later in the day. I have no idea if it will help anyone else, but it has helped me.

It appears to have reduced the cataract somewhat as my DO was able to give me a new lens script which has really improved my vision. In May I'll have a more complete exam and determine how much the cataract shrank.

Anyway I thought the dry eye issue was an interesting side issue. I now put in it both eyes when my dry eye gets bad in the evenings.

Regards Finbar

Comment

NAC Drops

Originally posted by Finbar94 View Post

Regards Finbar

As far as dry eye type, I've been told a lot of things over the years. Basically it seems I don't produce enough tears and I have a slow blink rate. I guess I spend too much time working or reading.

For inflammation I take several things including Omega 7, Krill Oil, Turmeric, pomegranate gel caps and couple of other supplements that keep my inflammation down.

There are several brands of NAC drops. I used the NAC brand. Can-C is another popular one. Some people have success with one brand and not another. The best thing to do is to google NAC and read about it.

Here are a few links to one abstract, two websites that sell two of the brands and an Amazon link where you can read a lot of customer reviews. A lot of people use the drops so some of the websites that say there's no proof NAC is safe aren't looking at the large number of people who report using it with no problems. Many first timers talk to their DO. I haven't heard of any DO saying to not use. Of course, I'm not a doc and don't recommend anything specific. I can only say what I've used. I have not seen a single recommend for using it with dry eye. I just noticed it seemed to help me more than the other 1000 drops I've tried.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12001824

http://nacdrops.com/

http://goodhealthusa.com/products/CAN_C_Eyes/

http://tinyurl.com/kjpwoty

Comment

Working...
        X