Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a fix for my dry eyes, didn't think it was such a simple problem!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a fix for my dry eyes, didn't think it was such a simple problem!

Hi everyone,

I think I found a solution to my dry eyes, and I am hoping this could potentially help a lot of you having similar issues... For the past year or so, I've noticed my eyes were getting really dry. I started working 40+ hours/week in front of a computer about 2 years ago, so I figured that was why my eyes were drying up often. The dryness was really affecting my vision and ability to focus. I tried lubricating drops and humidifiers, but they were temporary fixes. A couple weeks ago, I started to think really hard about what could be making my eyes so dry to the point that they could not produce enough natural tears. Then I realized that ever since I started working fulltime, I wasn't drinking as much water as I used to. Time flies by when working in front of a computer, so I would go whole days barely finishing a single 16.9 FL OZ bottle. That is definitely not the recommended daily serving of at least 4-5 bottles. So I started drinking at least 4 bottles a day, and I instantly felt the difference!! For anyone still having dry eye issues, I would highly recommend you evaluate your daily H2O intake.

I hope this helps at least some of you

Sorry, but this hits way too close to the "helpful" advice offered by all the countless relatives and acquaintances... "have you tried taking a break?" "have you tried eyedrops?" "have you tried sitting in the dark for 5 minutes? it makes all MY problems go away!" "have you tried... drinking water?"

Your water intake was clearly abnormal. Unfortunately, for the rest of us, dry eye is not so easily cured.

Comment

Agreed. When I drink more water, yes I feel a bit better. But for those with MDG, ocular rosacea, corneal issues.... the problem goes way past H2O.

Glad you feel better though

Comment

ima try this dood cuz i also noticed that when i started using the computer 15 hours a day and i have dry eyes now hopefully this will help and if it does i love u

Comment

Working...
        X