Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life seems to be getting better (touch wood)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life seems to be getting better (touch wood)

What a difference a month makes.

Things seem to have changed for the better. Have gone cold turkey on the drops (none at all during the day).

Have swapped Genteal Gel (pres version) for Viscotears (PF version) of a night, abrasions seem to be a thing of the past (well over 6 weeks now since my last one).

Not doing warm compresses, not doing drops, not doing worry, not letting it consume my every waking hour, not letting it rule my life.

Working in an office with the heating on full blast and seem to be realtively normal.

Seems the less I do the better I am.

Not perfect but much better. Long may it continue.

Cheers

Ian

Yes, long may it continue. I love this "good news" forum!
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hi Ian
      Glad to hear things are going well, don't want to tempt fate but same here!
      I haven't posted for a while because I was trying a non involvement with dry eye technique. This has involved doing nothing asociated with dry eye to try to break the cycle. This has been possible because for the last 6 weeks I have noticed a significant improvement in my eyes and i decided to try to get back to normality. So I have taken no flax seed, no compresses, no clarymist etc.etc. I have still had minor symptoms from time to time but I can honestly say this is the best my eyes have felt for over 18 months. Yesterday i went nearly a full day before I remembered i had a problem and I guess that is my goal, to one day be able to say " yeah i used to have that". I still have drops next to my bed and water my eyes during the night but the difference is tremendous.

I didnt do anything dramatically different but reading Dr. Latkanys reply about nerve regrowth up to 5 years after Lasik makes me hope I am on the way to recovery and I think that is still our major lifeline.
      I have done this before and it has came back but it does feel different this time.

Fingers crossed mate
      Take care
      Barry

Comment

Cheers, Ian, and may it continue forever. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

It makes me happy to know so many people are doing good lately.

Comment

I have pinned it down.

Lucy told me many months ago that it was the colour of my socks that makes my eyes better, so I went out and bought loads of different colours just to try the theory.

I don't know why they are feeling better but I am not prepared to question it, I am simply going to enjoy it. I am putting it down to the fact that my nerve damage from the surgery is repairing itself - took a little longer than the 6 months they told me at my consultation.

Thanks Lucy for your encouragement in my other thread as well. You and countless others here have given me the inspiration to persevere with this condition and have encouraged me to get to the point I am at now - for that I am eternally grateful.

Warm regards

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by prattstar
              Lucy told me many months ago that it was the colour of my socks that makes my eyes better, so I went out and bought loads of different colours just to try the theory.
              I have a dreadful confession to make to you all.

I have been carrying this guilt around for so long and I just can't take it anymore.

I made that discovery in a secret Dry Eye Company lab years ago. Through careful experimentation on rats, I was able to come up with some amazing complex patterns for argyle socks that could consistently improve signs and symptoms of dry eye - both aqueous deficient and oil deficient types. At one point I was so excited about it that I spilled the beans to Lucy. But when I got to thinking about it and realized that this discovery would put Dr. Holly's Drops out of business... I destroyed the formula. I figured that even if Lucy went and told everyone, they would just write her off as some kind of lunatic.

All this time I've been pretending to be a patient advocate and friend to people with dry eye, but in reality I'm no better than a pharmaceutical lacing drugs with BAK. I am so ashamed.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Well I guess we're all "hosed" now.
                Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
                X