Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing better this fall

Cool new forum!!! I love good news!

After a long summer and alot of ups and downs, I feel like I've had much more manageability since the beginning of October. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but last year my eyes were better in the fall/winter than summer/spring. It's strange since the humidity is lower and the heat is on, but I think that allergies play a big role. The other night I took a walk, and the cold air felt SO good on my eyes. I know some of you are cringing at the thought of that, but my eyes love the cold air. It is very soothing. It is kind of like doing a cold compress without the mess .

On another note, my boyfriend and I got engaged! The reason I think it's relevant to put that here is because we had been planning on getting engaged earlier, but put everything on hold due to my emotional state following my lasik. For a long time, all I cared about was my eyes and NOTHING made me happy, but he stuck with me through the rough times. With the help of so many caring people on this site, I've found acceptance with my eye situation, and it is so nice to be able to enjoy the special moments in life again.

-Shells

Shells,

Kudos to Rebecca for giving us excuses to read the good news! Best Wishes to Shells and her fiancee for getting engaged! I'm so happy things have turned around for you. I'm glad you're having a good eye season, too.

I am truly happy for you...

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Shells,

I have followed your story since having my lasik in May of last year. I am very happy to hear your life is going forward and you are able to be happy again! Congratulations!!

Tera

Comment

Working...
      X