So far so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far so good

I have been afraid to post this and jinx it all (isn't it funny how superstitious you become with something like dry eye) but I have finally got my dry eye under control and stabilized. I have done the following:

First, I moved out of Arizona to the Pacific NW. Now, when I originally moved I expected big, dramatic changes quickly. That did not happen, but I believe getting out of the desert did help.

Every morning (without fail) I drink chrysanthemum tea - I brought chrysanthemum from an herb guy and boil it in water every morning. I drink chrysanthemum and add nothing to it (no sugar, etc.), I drink it all, including the boiled flowers. It has really helped

I changed my diet - I eat all my servings of fruits and vegetables daily and try to eat a little gluten and dairy as possible (no cut out completely, just try to minimize). I also try to eat walnuts everyday.

I spray my eyes with Medicinal Silver once in the morning. Lucy warned me about turning blue with overuse, but I did check with my GP and she said I am not using enough to cause alarm.

I brought a humidifier for my office.

I make sure I soothe my eyes at lunch to help them survive the rest of the day. (Put plenty of eye drops in, sometimes uses a cool compress)

I use Lakme Kajal eyeliner. It has Castor oil, Candelilla wax, Ozokerite wax and approved colors in it and really helps my eyes.

I still use Theratears eye drops, but less than I use to.

I take a dry eye supplement daily.

I wash my lids/eyelashes with baby shampoo twice daily.

We are all different and have different levels of DES and different symptoms, but I hope this give everyone some hope that MAYBE we can all be stabilized eventually. I really think the chrysanthemum tea, lid hygiene, the silver, and castor oil eyeliner has helped the most.

Good luck to everyone, we'll see how things go, as we get further into winter.
    Last edited by momaxwell; 11-Nov-2007, 13:26.

bravissimo

The empowerment that I feel coming from your report, Momaxwell, has me tingling. Your regimen reflects enormous wisdom and such a scientific spirit. . .I find it to be a rousing testimonial to what is possible when we absolutely refuse to give in to the challenge of DES. Thank you so much for posting this update, with its beautiful detail. The therapies you're trying that are new to me I will explore now, in depth. . .I suspect lots of others among us will, too. Thanks again, and know that your strength and resourcefulness are a help to all. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Lucy warned me about turning blue with overuse, but I did check with my GP and she said I am not using enough to cause alarm.
      I did? I often warn people about something........but unless I was in a coma, I never heard of turning blue from chrysanthemum tea and therefore, wouldn't know to warn someone. Maybe you're giving the wrong person credit in this case?

Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Oops

Originally posted by Lucy
        I did? I often warn people about something........but unless I was in a coma, I never heard of turning blue from chrysanthemum tea and therefore, wouldn't know to warn someone. Maybe you're giving the wrong person credit in this case?

Lucy
        Sorry for the confusion. First, it is not the chrysanthemum tea, it is the silver; I was warned it might cause argyria (turning blue from too much metal). AND you are right, I only imagined it was you (I looked it up). It was Kathel. Sorry Kathel! Sorry Lucy!

Rojzen - thanks for the kind words. I hope it helps at least one other person.

Comment

Working...
        X