Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud of Myself

Hi All:

Just wanted to follow up with some good news. Last week I posted about being very afraid to fly due to my Dry Eye from Sjogrens. I got some wonderful tips from everybody and am sooooo glad to report that I was absolutely fine for my flights. My first flight to Dallas was about 5 hours (damn head winds!!!!) and I only had to use 1 drop. My return trip was 3 1/2 hrs and I was fine tooo. Best of all I actually really enjoyed my trip. One of these days I actually learn to post a picture so you all know what I look like On other really exciting news I actually am working. It is nothing compared to my old extreme computer intensive job but heck its work and money and I hope I don't sound to full of myself but I am proud for getting back out there and trying. Also my trip up to BFS is next Friday and I have my fingers crossed. Bill Rosenthal sounds like such an angel so I am sure I will have a good experience regardless of what happens. I guess we have to remind ourselves everyday that we control our lives, the dry eye shouldn't control us. It is easier some days than others but I think I am on the way back Thanks all again for your tips and support!!!!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Kim!!! This is so great to hear. Thanks so much for posting. Love to hear of your progress.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Yipiee!!!!!!!!!!!!
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by kcoffiner View Post
        Hi All:

Just wanted to follow up with some good news. Last week I posted about being very afraid to fly due to my Dry Eye from Sjogrens. I got some wonderful tips from everybody and am sooooo glad to report that I was absolutely fine for my flights. My first flight to Dallas was about 5 hours (damn head winds!!!!) and I only had to use 1 drop. My return trip was 3 1/2 hrs and I was fine tooo. Best of all I actually really enjoyed my trip. One of these days I actually learn to post a picture so you all know what I look like On other really exciting news I actually am working. It is nothing compared to my old extreme computer intensive job but heck its work and money and I hope I don't sound to full of myself but I am proud for getting back out there and trying. Also my trip up to BFS is next Friday and I have my fingers crossed. Bill Rosenthal sounds like such an angel so I am sure I will have a good experience regardless of what happens. I guess we have to remind ourselves everyday that we control our lives, the dry eye shouldn't control us. It is easier some days than others but I think I am on the way back Thanks all again for your tips and support!!!!
        I would love to hear more about the wonderful tips. Please fill us in!

Thanks.

Randal

Comment

Congratulations on the job and the good flight! I hope everything goes great next week at BFS!

Randall, here is the thread that Kcoffiner posted earlier asking for tips:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4870

-Shells

Comment

Kim,

I'm so glad to hear your good news. You are all the more wise for all your stuggles. Best of luck with your job, and especially in Boston. It's a great next move. I have no doubt you'll be in good hands there.

D
            Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
            X