Found some relief with nasal saline spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found some relief with nasal saline spray

Hello. I'm new to this site, and I, too, suffer from dry eye. (I have no idea what the cause is.) I've tried pretty much everything, and have been to three opthamologists, but a few days ago, my very smart mother suggested that maybe it is related to my sinuses, and that I should try using nasal spray to hydrate my sinuses. For once, I decided that Mom could be right, so tried a nasal spray called Simply Saline. For whatever it is worth, I have noticed that it helps a bit--much more than eye drops, which always make my eyes worse. It only helps for a short time, but it is better than no time. I have to get in the habit of using it more often. (It doesn't have any preservatives, so you can use it as often as you want.) I use it before I go to bed, and like I said, it works for a little while, but I still wake up with my eyeballs stuck to my eyelids. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else has tried this, and what you think.

Interesting idea. I have that stuff - I was using it while I had the flu last week. I'll start using it regularly and see if it affects my eyes in any way. Can't hurt.

Comment

I believe that someone posted about using Alatabax previously.... topcial antibacterial nasal drug?

Certainly nose and eyes are very much related... sounds interesting.

Comment

I think Cindy used to talk about using a nose saline spray. Glad to hear it's helping. Gee, that's basically harmless stuff and mother's know best.
        Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X