Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been able to wear contacts for a week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been able to wear contacts for a week!

I should probably knock wood before I post this, because I'm afraid my eyes will get worse again if I get too confident. But I am so pleased that I've managed to wear soft contacts (Acuvue Oasys) for a week now, on my dry eyes. Yes, my dry eyes that have a TBUT of 8 and mild to moderate staining on the corneas and conjunctiva.

Here's how I've managed it.

-I don't wear the lenses more than 10 hours a day. That seems to be the magic number. Any longer than that, and the eyes get red.
    -I use mainly preservative-free Refresh drops (Plus and Celluvisc) and Dr. Holly's drops.
    -I use ClearCare to clean/disinfect the lenses, and I scrub the heck out of them every night to reduce deposits.
    -I don't rewet my eyes too often. I've found this seems to dilute/wash away my own tear film. I try not to rewet more than every 3 hours, and when I do, I use Refresh Plus or NutraTear.
    -I use Dwelle to "seal in" other products and as my last product right before my head hits the pillow.
    -On days that I stay home all day, I wear my glasses to give my eyes a break.

I'm planning to add a warm rice baggy at night to this routine, and a humidifier in my bedroom, and see if those will help even more.

Quite frankly, I'm attributing the majority of this success to Dwelle and ClearCare. They seem to make the most difference. It seems like the Dwelle is smoothing out the rough spots on my eye surface and sealing in the moisture, like a protective barrier. (note, I have no medical confirmation of this; that's just how it "feels" to me.) And the ClearCare seems to get the lenses cleaner than Opti-Free Replenish did; plus it has no preservatives to potentially irritate my eyes.

I still have a way to go with improving my dry eyes, that's for certain. But without the wonderful community and products available here, I could not have come this far. Thank you!

I'm so glad things are working out well for you. Knock on wood. I know how it is to be a -10 myope and wear glasses. Before lasik, that was me. (Wish I was still that way.) My daughter is the same, but wears soft contacts, but has to wear her glasses which are safety glasses at work because she works in chemicals. She looks like Mrs. Magoo with protective gear on.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X