Cured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cured

All, its been a while since ive visted this site. It seems not long ago i was feverntly visiting the site, eager to read a new post that may have offered a glimmer of help for my tired, itching aching eyes. All that has recently changed - The constant grittyness, the inflammation, the morning crust of revolting mucus and goop on my eye lashes and pillow....not to mention the clinical depression i went through as a direct result of my occular problems. IT'S ALL GONE! I wanted to let everybody know that thanks to this site I FORCED my doctor to test my TSH levels and lo and behold I was severly hypothyriod. The day i started taking the thyroxine everything vanished....no more restasis and no more dreaded mineral oil. While I am not the same as i used to be i am 80 % normal, and hopefully getting better. I want those of you out there to know this...THERE IS HOPE...stuggle to find what works for you and fix it. DONT LET YOUR DOCTOR TELL YOU HE/SHE CANNOT FIND WHATS WRONG...thats a lame excuse and its what i got for 1 flipping year. Good luck to all in your search, and a big thanks to Rebecca for this site.

Kevin, that's absolutely awesome! What great news to hear on Income Tax Day when I'm so stressed out I can barely breathe. So now we all need to run out and check our thyroids!
    Congratulations on your good fortune!

Comment

Awesome news!!!! And a great huge THANK YOU for posting your story - both because it's encouraging/inspiring, and because you'll never know how many people may be helped specifically by hearing your thyroid experience.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

congrats

Comment

I aso hae a thyroid problem

Hi Kevin, I also was just diagnosed with thyroid so I am sure hoping when I start to take the thyroid meds that I also will be cured of dry eye. My docor seems to think so but she want t thyrid scan done on 6/9 before I get the meds. She said i would have to take the meds the rest of my life but if I can get rid of dry eye I sure dont care. I suffered for 5 months before I went to a different doctor and they found my thyroid problem. I sure hope when I start the meds my dry ees go away as your have. Thanks for posting your story I feel hope now.

Comment

Working...
          X