A Small Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Small Victory

I felt I needed to mention this. It's kind of weird, but it really has provided noticeable improvement. If you are like me you have tried everything, but maybe not this. For the record, my dry eye was Lasik induced. I noticed that the only time my eyes felt really good was when I was eating. I don't know why this happens, but I started to try all kinds of mints and gum to recreate the improvement all day.

Eventually, I have found the best results with Hot Cinnamon Toothpicks. I got them off Amazon.com and they really give me longer lasting comfort than any eye drop does. I have tried every eye drop and they all make it worse. I have to work on a computer all day, so these have helped a lot. Other things that seem to help me:

Rice Bag
    Humidifiers (especially at night)
    Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil
    Drinking nothing but water
    Eating more Fruits and vegatables
    Staying off the computer when possible
    Avoiding fans and heaters
    7-Eye sunglasses (you can find some good deals on EBay under their old name.)
    Naps if possible
    Washing my eyes and face with light soap.
    Sneezing or Yawning.
    Trying not to get depressed about all the crap I have to do just to make the day bearable.

The cinnamon toothpicks are great for me though, really.

Filazafer,
    Are those actual toothpicks that are flavored with cinnamon or are they cinnamon candy that are shaped like toothpicks?

Thanks!

Comment

A man who was once a regular here used to eat atomic fireballs to make his eyes feel better. I concur the theory that eyes feel better when eating. No doubt about it.

D
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Funny that you mention this. I just finished chomping some raw carrots.
        I was going nuts and this definitely took the edge off. I am chewing gum, something I never do, and it is also working. You may be on to something!

Cabut
        Cabut
        65yr.old male, Arizona resident.

Comment

I'm going to the frig to get my bag of baby carrots right now!
          Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

So is it the act if chewing (i.e. baby carrots) or is it the tartness or hotness (i.e. atomic fireballs) that helps? We should probably do a survey!

Comment

Working...
            X