Made It but a long way to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made It but a long way to go

Well here it is at 8:40 on a Friday night... And I am on the computer writing a post about dry eye.

A long way away from where I would of been in high school at this time. A some what rebelious kid, I had the time of my life in my high school years. A time filled with a million parties, tons of girlfriends, even more friends and a little too much expierimenting with drugs.

Always healthy, I felt invincible. It makes sense that I got all that partying out of my system then because as such, life can bring some unforseen changes.

That is ok though, I feel it is for the better.

I know it is always going to be with me, it is a part of me now. But it is something I can use to my advantage rather than my disadvantage. Sure, I get sad when I talk to high school buddies that are going out to have a beer. I know I can't party like that but that doesn't mean I can't live a normal, functional and fulfilled life.

I can finally say my dry eye is controlled. I didn't have any lasik or some other form of surgery to justify my ailment. No, I ate bad, used the computer alot, took adderall and wore contacts; a true recipe for the disease.

Sure I will have some bad days still but I feel if I do the right things then my eyes will be clear and feel great.

Ok enough writing that no one wants to read.

All I basically do or have done is:

1) Workout
    2) Lots of warm compresses
    3) Careful with food/computer
    4) Mindful of other situations (TV, ect)
    5) Anti-inflammatory drop (restasis)
    6) 2 plugs that I just got recently
    7) No drugs that will dry, no alcohol
    8) Preservitive free drops
    9) Keep Rosacea controlled
    10)scrubs/cold compresses

My life is compltely different now but I feel like I appreciate the little things more.

I feel like I can finally move on with my life, finish college and find my signifigant other. My confidence sky rockets when my eyes feel like that and good god I am so scared that I will let go. I don't ever want to let go.

Life is too beautiful with clear vision. I have to remind myself this all the time but it is so worth it.

Is there more for me to do? Sure, I have some lingering depression. But I can only pray that with school, a girlfriend, exercise and my new gained confidence that it will be put to rest. And the dry eye? I will always look for stuff I can do to tweak or add but is it as big a priority to me as it was? Not really, it's hard to feel that way when you feel content.

The main thing I want to say in this post is that for anyone strugging I have come a long way and if you have a goal of getting your old vision back then I believe it is truly possible. There is so much you can do...

ps the doctor on that restasis commercial kreeps me out.

Some other notes: one doctor once explained to me that inflammation is like a cascade effect, it takes a while to build up and will in turn take a while to lower.
    Last edited by clairvoyant; 25-Jul-2008, 18:47.
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Ahh...another friday night spent at home, nursing the eyes.

MGD, I am so happy that you feel better, and it makes me a little more confidence that I can kick my MGD too. It took me 7 months and a trip to Dr. L to find out there was no oil coming out of my MGs when all the other docs say my MGs looked fine. I cried when I found out I was allergic to the doxy that was prescribed to me afterwards.

Unlike you, I haven't yet gotten all my partying out of my system....haha

Can you please elaborate on a couple things in your post:
    1.As to being careful w/ food, what do you mean? Do you adhere to a special diet?
    2. How do you keep your rosacea controlled?

Again, congrats on your dry eye triumph!!

Comment

Thanks for that post, it means alot to us who are in the process of trying to get things under control.

As for diet I am following a macrobiotic diet including fish, lots of whole grains, veg., fruit and a little fish.

It also happens to be very similar to an anti inflammatory diet, note in particular the "night shade plants" http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I would love to know if you have any tips on roseacea, it seems to be a bit of a mystery. I myself have just started taking Doxy.

I am glad to hear you are doing better,

B.

Comment

Originally posted by odydnas View Post
        Ahh...another friday night spent at home, nursing the eyes.

MGD, I am so happy that you feel better, and it makes me a little more confidence that I can kick my MGD too. It took me 7 months and a trip to Dr. L to find out there was no oil coming out of my MGs when all the other docs say my MGs looked fine. I cried when I found out I was allergic to the doxy that was prescribed to me afterwards.

Unlike you, I haven't yet gotten all my partying out of my system....haha

Can you please elaborate on a couple things in your post:
        1.As to being careful w/ food, what do you mean? Do you adhere to a special diet?
        2. How do you keep your rosacea controlled?

Again, congrats on your dry eye triumph!!
        Well from what I have noticed using the computer is ok but you gotta be prepared. Use drops first and don't eat 3 to 4 hours before using it. Also try to look away and blink.

Alot of times I'll want to use the fker after I eat and will but that is the worst time to use it.

For rosacea there are 2 types the redness/blood vessel type and the bumpy type. It is a ***** and I am still not in complete remission for the rosacea (it flares when I work out.) But basically for the bumpy kind use topicals, use cetaphil, moisturize and try to make sure you don't eat till topicals are on and never miss your routine before bed.

I don't have the other type much at all but I would say laser and be very gentle to skin
        Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Originally posted by bernmee View Post
          Thanks for that post, it means alot to us who are in the process of trying to get things under control.

As for diet I am following a macrobiotic diet including fish, lots of whole grains, veg., fruit and a little fish.

It also happens to be very similar to an anti inflammatory diet, note in particular the "night shade plants" http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

I would love to know if you have any tips on roseacea, it seems to be a bit of a mystery. I myself have just started taking Doxy.

I am glad to hear you are doing better,

B.
          Not sure which type of rosacea bugs you the most but be careful with doxy and the blood vessel/redness type. It can make your skin very sensitive.

I have not been doing any special diet. Although I would like to start doing an anti-inflammatory diet soon.

I try to tailor my day to the rules of dry eye. Each day is different but alot of times I won't each much in the day. On those days I'll eat like a light salad with protien. At night I will eat more of what I want, though.
          Last edited by clairvoyant; 26-Jul-2008, 09:30.

-Tim

Comment

Working...
          X