Stress/dry eye connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress/dry eye connection?

I recently read that many ailments are a physical manifestation of the mind(not necessarily made up symptoms, but rather caused/made worse by a stressed mind). Being a type A personality, I can say that I'm constantly stressed, which I do believe has caused many health problems. I find that when I feel good, everything feels good(very recent ocurance), but when something begins to bother me, well it just snowballs.
    I've been seeing a Physical Therapist for upper cervical/tmj issues/face pain/headaches. Since I started a couple of weeks ago, my stress level has gone down and what do you know, I also don't feel eye dryness. Is it possible that the stress causes tightness of the muscles and results in nerve inflammation that results in hypersensitive nerve endings---hence that dry eye feeling?
    just food for thought.

absolutely no question about it...stress causes muscle tension, which causes nerve root pressure, which can in turn cause all sorts of symptoms.

I have neck problems (old age degeneration in vertebrae) and when it gets tight my eyes are definitely worse. When I get a massage and all the muscles loosen up, things improve considerably.

Anything we can do to reduce our stress levels has to be beneficial, and that includes meditation, relaxation CDs, and I personally find a TENS machine on my stiff upper back also helps.

Comment

stress of coz is harmful.
      chinese medical says depress hurts liver system, eye directly affected by liver.

i had many experience that stress make my eye's irritation blust out...
      Eye immeditately turn red circled...

Comment

Working...
      X