Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is hope!

Hi everbody,

I just wanted to tell everyone that I have been feeling better ...again! The past 3 weeks have been really nice-I did have 2 days last week my eyes felt dry and I thought "Oh no, here we go again". However, whether it was just due to ups and downs w/ Sjogrens or because I used Nasacort for 3-4 days and about 6 doses (way too much---I have a tendency to overuse prescription drops and sprays as I forget sometimes I am sick and cannot do that).

Anyway, after laying off the Nasacort -about 1 and 1/2 days later-my eyes started making tears again. I am definitely going to ask Dr. Foulks and see what he thinks about Nasacort causing dry eyes. I see him next Monday!

I guess my lesson in all of this is even if I am feeling pretty good I need to be careful of anything extra I take because there are side effects. And also, if we are feeling better we need to remember to still follow a strict regimine, etc...

I just wanted to share cause it looks like I have finally reached a nice turnaround with my disease. I am 33 years old and have been battling with my eyes for over 1 and 1/2 years. Finally, I am getting some relief.... so there is hope.. for all of us....
    Jenny

Hope

Thats great Jenny. Just a few questions, what would contribute your turn around to, restasis, warm compresses, or all of the above. I am thinking of re-starting restasis again.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

I hope the good days keep coming. Isn't it amazing how much we appreciate our good days!

Comment

I think mainly it is the actual massage after the warm compress. I have also noticed I seem to be making more tears so I think after being on Restasis for over 8 months it is finally making a difference. I go to my doctor this coming Monday so I will see what he says...

Thanks and may we all start feeling better!
        Jenny

Comment

Great news Jen!!! I am so happy for you. I know that you've mentioned the lid massage doing wonders for your eyes, but would you mind going into detail your daily regiment so that we may see all that you're doing? Since it maybe the additive effect of everything that you're doing is helping.

Comment

my routine...

Hello,

Well, ok here it is. I do the warm compress for a minute or two w/ massage twice a day for now.. I also have been taking
            Restasis-4 times daily
            4000mg of fish oil -Barleans Organice Oils
            2600mg of Primrose oil-Barleans Organic Oils
            600mg NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) GNC
            Evoxac 30mg 3x a day so 90mg daily
            Doxycycline 200mg (I believe I will probably be getting of this soon
            Multivitamin
            I also have been eating extremely healthy-staying away from processed foods, sugar and high fat foods.
            Just a note-I didn't start noticing a huge change until I had been on Restasis consistently for over 8 months and until I did the massage technique from Dr. Foulks.

Of course like anything, ask your doctor before trying any of the above to make sure it is ok.. Everyone is different. I have just tried so many things trial and error.

Good luck ..
            Last edited by jenny2008; 10-Sep-2008, 07:13.
            Jenny

Comment

Working...
            X