Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband's dry eye gone.

Hi all,
    So both my hubby and I were diagnosed with severe dry eye in July 07. He went to see his optho last week and the Dr saw NO SIGNS of dryness. I sent my hubby with a list of questions which the Dr answered:
    1)Do I have corneal or general dryness?
    Dr: None, eyes look good. - He did the yellow dye thingy.
    2)Am I aqueous or oil deficent?
    Dr: Schirmers was good and glands excreting good oil. - The Dr poked his gland area.
    3)Any signs of inflamation/belph?
    Dr: None.
    So my husband eyes are good, the only thing I would say is that he has, like myself, gotten some pingueculla's.
    I'm not sure how he improved so well, he never does compresses, uses comp 10 hrs a day, stays up late. But what he has been doing is:
    1)Flax oil daily
    2)Nutra tear, he doesnt like Dwelle or Dakrina, apparently they make his lids stick together, esp in morning.
    3)Got a good pair of wrap around sun glasses.
    I am glad and jealous that he is better.
    I however, continue my struggle with bleph, MGD, dry eye & ugly looking pingueculla's. I do compresses, use Dwelle and Nutra-tear, blinking exercises etc. I am going to give Azasite a shot. I had to BEG the Dr for a preccrip for it though, he didnt think it would help and he refused to give me a prescrip for Freshkote cos he hadnt heard of it, thought it was too new.
    Anyway, I hope my husbands recovery gives everyone a glimpse of hope. He continue's to use nutra-tear, twice a day.
    Thanks

Suneet.

I love hearing good news! Yay! May you be next

Originally posted by suneetk1 View Post
    he refused to give me a prescrip for Freshkote cos he hadnt heard of it, thought it was too new.
    Suggestion: Call Focus Labs (freshkote.com) and ask them to get a sales person to call on your doctor or at least send some samples. Freshkote has been around for about 8 years now (although only 2 years in drugstores) and there were several clinical trials done. I can understand the doctor's reluctance but the difficulty for all these small companies is they can't reach all doctors.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

That is great news, it is so easy to wonder if this is ever going to end, but when you read success stories it gives you hope.

Congratulations to your husband, now he will be in top condition for caring and fussing over you.

Bernadette

Comment

Thanks!
        I called Focus Labs and they said they would contact my dr and should receive samples by end of next week.
        EXCITMENT!

Comment

That is great news!

Can your husband's doc provide an explanation as to why his dry eyes went away?

Comment

You can order the UK kind w/o a prescription but the azasite should take care of you needing it... I dunno it is a very good drop, probably best artifical tear but optive/blink are good drops too.
            Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Suneet,

Congratulations to your husband!!

I found myself a few doctors like yours. I have changed them right away. Find another doctor to help you out.

All best !!

George

Comment

Working...
              X