Update 10 months after lasik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 10 months after lasik

It has been and is very exhausting seeing all these different doctors to get feedback and 3-4 miss that I had an upper plug missing???? Like they didn't really even bother to check? Dr. Trattler in Miami caught it. I wanted to get a second opinion regarding my flap not being lined up properly on my left eye and having it relifted. He thinks the nerves find each other regardless. I don't know - I just know the left eye FEELS different than the right and its always drier at night and when I get up in the morning. So I am still on the fence about having my flap relifted - don't know if the nerves would heal better or make my eye worse? AHHHHH

Other than that I feel blessed to have found this website and for the folks who have responded and helped me emotionally. I was in a pretty bad place about a month ago and I have two small children and I was the breadwinner of the family. So I haven't gone back to work just yet, but I found two really good therapists and for some reason I have slightly turned a corner. Hopefully it will last. I have come to realize that it could be worse. I had been focusing on all the people who have great outcomes and feeling sorry for myself. It still is hard to be around people who have great outcomes.

I did start restasis again and the blood serum drops and I use them in morning and at night. That plus flow controlled upper plugs and lower plugs keep me in a decent place. I did get a bad flare up last week when we cranked up our forced hot air heat. I just stuck on my Harley googles and wore them for about 2 hours and my eyes settled down.

So that's it for now. I am seeing an accupuncturist, but he's got me doing so many supplements it's hard for me to say if its helping. I also see a crainalsacral therapist - it works on nervous system so I think it could help. I use a tens unit for eyes on my eyes twice a day - it's really for the retina but I feel electrical stimulation could help the nerves.

Chicken, I'm surprised when you say you use a TENS unit for your eyes! Does your dr know this? That aside, I'm impressed with the amount of things you have helping you get a corner on your dry eye agony. Good luck and I hope you are much better soon. Lucy

PS. I don't know that the TENS unit would hurt you, but I tried my TENS unit on my eyebrow area and it set about a nasty bit of pain, so I decided that was a bad idea.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

tens unit

Lucy, it's a tens unit for eyes called a micro-stim. Its used for retina problems but an accupuncturist in NJ who wrote a book called "Healing Your Eyes with Accupuncture" suggested it for me to help healing. It's not cheap and its little, it has two eye pads attached to wires that go into the unit. You put damp cosmetic eye pads on your closed eyes and put the micro-stim pads on top of them. You do it for 5-10 minutues. I don't know if it's helping but I do know that I saw a Dr in Texas on 8/26/08 that said my meiobian glands were blocked and shut - which had been the case since last Dec after lasik. I started using the tens unit in Sept and saw a Dr in Kentucky 3 weeks later who checked my oil glands and said the were working - I wasn't on doxy then or using my rice baggies (I go through phases) so maybe there is something to it? or maybe just coincidence? I put it on setting of btw 2-5 depending and I just feel a slight tingle.

Comment

CL, I learned something new tonight. I did not know there was an "eye tens machine." I have one I used for my knee and when I tried the sticky thing on my forehead, it wasn't pleasant. What you have is something different.

I do hope the machine continued to help you. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X