The Dr. says I'm looking good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dr. says I'm looking good

I hope I'm not "speaking" to soon by posting this!

I went to see my DE Dr. yesterday and he told me that I now, for the first time, have no dry spots on my cornea. He also said the inflammation on my eyelids on my "chasis" (it sounded something like that) is much better then when I first saw him four months ago. My TBUT has been at 10 for the last two months and my Schirmers is 35. So I guess that means I'm heading the right direction.

However I am still having pain, but if I'm honest with myself it ranges from irritation to pain, rather then the pain to agony that I had for the first few months post Lasik. I no longer have erosions or wake up in the night with burning.

I am to stop takng my Doxy that I have been on for 4 months and the Asazite that I have been on for two months, and hopefully I will hold up ok.

He has told me that it is not unusual to have a healthy looking eye but for there still to be some pain, but also that the healing process in cases like mine is a slow process, and I need to give it another 6 months. I'm happy to go with this, but of course doubt kicks in when the pain gets really bad.

My Dr. is Dr. Michael Gagnon in Pleasanton, California. Rebecca gave me his name and even though I have plugged him before I want to give you his name again. I can't imagine what type of mess I would be without him.

Yahoooooooooo! I love reading good news on the forum. Go Dr..... well I was going to say DrG, but I think that is copyrighted . Anyway go Bernadette. Great to hear of progress.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X