My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story

I don’t really post on this site but I do find it very helpful and thanks to all those who contribute their ideas.

I define success as not always thinking about my eyes/no drops (I think forgetting helps too). From my docs perspective I have rosacea/allergies (not really on my face though) that cause MGD. Doctor indicated I had a moderate case during my recent flare listed below, as I know others are affected worse. I had a flare in January and now I am very comfortable.

Here is what I have done on a consistent basis over the last 10 months: hot compresses (once a day – twice a day in the beginning), clean eyelids in the shower, omega 3s, Nizoral (twice a week from septmeber) and I have used Azasite, twice for a month (June and October). My opinion is that the compresses and omegas provide a slow beneficial process. When Azasite is added it advances the benefits quicker and is sustainable (maybe retreats a little bit over time, but it allows the compresses to better do their job thus advancing the benefits). Azasite is slightly irritating sometimes but I believe it has really helped along with everything else over time. Nizoral I am a little fuzzy on, but I think it is beneficial. I still have not figured out allergy thing, tried patch test and like. Nothing significant, except trees. Best of luck all. Hope this helps.

Nizoral query

Hi Billt

You say that you use Nizoral; do you mean the shampoo or the cream (ketoconazole)

Comment

Nizoral

Shmapoo - both prescription strength and OTC

Comment

Working...
      X