getting better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting better

I had lasik on 12/27/07. I do have 4 plugs in my tear ducts. However, most days now I have no pain and I don't use any drops. I was soooo dry and in so much pain - erosions and super bad punctate kerititis fpr about 4-5 months. Now I have tons of tears in morning (due to plugs) and I feel a little dry in afternoon -(sitting at computer all day) and in evening I have some tear spillage. At night I have no extra tear spillage, but for the most part I don't feel dry. So it does get better!!!! My eyesight however hasn't improved except some of the glare. I still have floaters(not quite as noticable), glare from any light source, starbursts and flares from light sources especially at night. But, I am learning to live with it. I won't let anyone get near my eyes again. No pain I've ever experienced - and I've had 5 major surgeries and had natural childbirth twice, even comes close to eye pain. So for anyone out there with dry eyes from lasik, it does get better - a lot better. I still believe that I will have even more improvement over the next 2-5 years. I have been told by doctors in past, that I am slow healer, so that's my mantra for my recovery.

This is good to hear! I'm glad you are functioning well and took the time to share.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

thanks diana

Thanks, I know it helped me to hear that things got better when I first came on.

Comment

YES, thank you soooo much for posting! I am right there with you - had my lasik 12/5/07 -- I just have lower plugs....and manage most days, but am still not totally comfortable.

Thanks for posting though - I too am keeping up hope. And I agree - I've had 2 knee surguries on the same knee -- one was an ACL repair - that was a breeze compared to this ongoing pain and depression.

Anyways, thanks again, and do keep us posted!!

Comment

Working...
        X