The importance of lid scrubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The importance of lid scrubs

I've had blepharitis (MGD) for some years now, treating it with mainly warm compresses and lid massage.

In the beginning I also did some lid cleansing bit I have not done that part for a long time.

Would you say that lid scrubs is a vital part of keeping your inflammation controlled?

What is the best way to clean the lids? By using a q-tip and baby schampoo?...

Im grateful for any input

Thanks

Marcus

For me, it's been a problem finding something that didn't irritate the eyes even further. Baby shampoo sounds innocuous but it made my eyes very sore. I switched brands several times and didn't too badly with Neals Yard or Burts Bees baby shampoo.

My consultant urged me to try and find something - he didn't think my previous regimen was doing me any good at all. Ocusoft was too harsh and Lid Care seemed to make them worse. I had been using salt water or a solution made from bicarbonate of soda and water.

I am trialling Blephasol for sensitive eyes and also Blephagel (same range). I honestly don't know if it's doing me any good; eyelids are still very inflammed and there is still a lot of oil around the base of the follicle. Maybe it takes a while to work.... It stings but I've had worse discomfort so I will persist.

How I clean the lids / lashes: I put liberal amounts of liquid on and around the lashes. I press down on the lids as I'm doing this - and I try to make sure that the whole of the lash line is covered. Then I give the lids a good rinse - I find it easier to do this in the shower. I sometimes use a q-tip to remove the debris but I find my fingers do the job just as well (I've got small hands so that helps).

Comment

Thank you.

Im just trying to figure out the importance of lid hygien and the bacteria part of it all.
      It is not really clear to me. Is our bleph-condition attracting bacteria so we regurarly need to keep that away?

Comment

Working...
      X