Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxy, Steroid, Restasis...

Hi all!

I have a second follow up doc appt. I have been on restasis for a month and a half, and after a week of feeling better, my eyes are now more dry than ever. This happens to be the week of my menstrual cycle...so that may have something to do with it? I have to ask my doc some important questions, as she never said if it's MGD or the other cause for dry eyes. I'm leaning towards MGD as my eye lids are inflamed always.

Now...I need to ask what I should be leaning towards. I am only on restasis...and of course I'm on all the suggested vitamins. Prior to finding this was dry eye, my reg eye doc put me on lotemax drops because my contacts were bothering me. This made my eyes EXTREMELY sore and made them very tired and impossible to wear contacts. Any idea what this means? I don't want to ever go this route again...as it did more damage than good I believe. Restasis burns when I put it in for about a few minutes...every so often it doesn't burn.

I did see there are topical steriods that can be used with the restasis...what are these? Is this lotemax drops?

I have been doing the heat compresses which seems to help somedays, and not other days.

Would doxycycline be a good help rather than something like lotemax that hurt my eyes? (I swear my dry eyes really got worse after lotemax)

Please any help and suggestions will be great!!!

Hi Mag,

You need to try different things and see what suits you best as many others mention here over and over again. You can try a tablet and drops combo or one and then the other and if one drop isnt helping then try the next etc. Take a course of doxy for a few months and see how you get on.

Anyone know if restasis is useful in mgd or worth a try please??? Let me know ty.

Comment

Working...
    X