Australian dry eye project off to a flying start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian dry eye project off to a flying start

Hi fellow Australians. After months of preparations we have finally been contacting eye doctors and optometrists from around the country and in our first week have uncovered valuable information and struck a front page story on a magazine. You can read it here: http://eyesmart.com.au/allnews/oz-ne...letter-to-ecps

Awesome stuff!

It's a shame how many of the docs here have the "Put the goop in and try and move on" attitude...

Hopefully this will motivate some optometrists/opthamologists to start looking for new ways to treat, and new treatment plans.

Comment

Excellent work !! I was recently sorry to read that lasik was not even mentioned in a brochure by a place that is seeing people with dry eyes. I felt like the elephant in the waiting room

Thanks Dcrdryeye for all ur efforts !
      http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Good luck to all your efforts. I've been making dry eye patients aware of this forum recently, hopefully they will become active members too.

Comment

start the same companion for USA doctors

Great letter. My massage to Rebecca . Please help us to start the same companion for USA doctors.. lets get Media attention and hopefully we could get public attention and speed up the process to approval a new drugs ...What do you think ??

Comment

George et al,

I don't know how I missed this at the time. Congrats on a stunning job. Well done. What a terrific letter, and what a terrific way to raise awareness in the medical community. Great wok and I wish you great and increasing results amongst the eyecare community in Aus.

Dog2012... I would love to support others' efforts for media attention etc here in the US in any way I can. I'm sorry to say I can't consider spearheading any new advocacy efforts myself right now. The reality is I can never really keep up even with my routine work and having struggled for work/family balance over the years, I'm very protective of what balance I've achieved so I've gotten tougher with myself about saying no to extras. But like I said, if someone else has a vision that I can somehow support through my sites or advice or whatever, I'd always be happy to pitch in.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your willingness to help! Unfortunately my English isn't good for this ,but i so ..hope we will have a someone who can help. .

Comment

//////////////////////////
                Last edited by hankm9; 29-Oct-2016, 22:31.

Comment

/////////////////////////
                  Last edited by hankm9; 29-Oct-2016, 22:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog2012 View Post
                    Great letter. My massage to Rebecca . Please help us to start the same companion for USA doctors.. lets get Media attention and hopefully we could get public attention and speed up the process to approval a new drugs ...What do you think ??
                    I disagree about the USA being much better. The entire system is so hamstrung by the bureaucratic autocratic policies set by the FDA, DEA & ilk, that only those who are in higher income brackets can afford to get what they require.

A compassionate system would long ago have:
                    • galvanized stem cell research (genuine repaircare vs. sickcare) and made them affordable
                    • offered drops such as FreshKote affordably OTC
                    • made JINS-type moisture glasses & EMF-protection apparel affordable to everyone
                    • galvanized laser-tech, nanotech & tapping into ZPE

Its what inspired the bumper stickers I just posted.

P.S. On a tangent, speak of Australia, what I found highly validating, was an Australian professional who appears on a YouTube video, disclosing the degree to which heavy exposure to computer EMFs have compromised his health...
                    Last edited by Minni; 24-Sep-2014, 10:46.
                    CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X