Seeing San Francisco bay area doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing San Francisco bay area doctor

If anyone knows of an exceptional eye doctor in the bay area, please let me know. I have heard of Michael Gagnon, and have made an appointment with him, but I have to wait a month and a half to see him. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple doctors anyway.

Thanks!

I saw Dr. Gagnon. I would not recommend anyone seeing him. Poor bedside manner - walked into office and immediately put drops in my eyes without telling me why or asking questions about myself. He just handed me sample medication and sent me on my way. The appointment felt rushed and when I got home realized I should have been more stern on asking questions. I called his office and they said he would email me but he never did.

Comment

Wow! So sorry you had a bad experience. I would follow up with the office and let them know. Not good. Guess any doctor can have an off day....

Personally when seeing any new eye doctor with this condition I would take some extra precautions to prepare... sending a fax the day before with a summary of your situation and main goals/questions for the appointment is usually a big help.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

You're absolutely right. This will be my new protocol!

Comment

Working...
        X