Dry Eye Treatments available in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Treatments available in Australia

Here are some of the dry eye treatments that are currently available in Australia.
    • Lipiflow/Lipiview
    • IPL
    • Scleral lenses
    • Meibomian gland probing
    • Miebography
    • Confocal microscopy
    • Restasis
    • NSAID and steroid drops
    • And more

On the AustralianDryEye website there is a page called Find A Doc. Hankm9, DCRDryEyes and I have recently improved this page by adding quite a few new doctors and by including a list of treatments that each of them offers. In this way we hope that Australian dry eye sufferers will find it a bit easier to at least find a practitioner who will treat them seriously.
    The three of us do not have first hand experience with most of the doctors we have listed, so we are not actually recommending them. But, we felt it worthwhile to let people know where to go for at least some sort of dry eye treatment in Australia. Just having this knowledge gives sufferers in Australia more options than was the case a few years ago (before the advent of AustralianDryEye). All of the practitioners listed have agreed to be listed and the information about their treatments was provided to us via a questionnaire we sent each of them.

So , I hope some of the Dry Eye Zone members who are in Australia can have a look at this page if they are looking for a doctor. Also, if any Australians (or New Zealanders) know of any other doctors with an interest in dry eye, could they contact us (via the contact details on the website)? We are always interested in adding doctors to our list.

Cheers
    Neil

Thanks for this information, Neil. It's very helpful. I have a question, though: I've read about and heard mention of a way of doing punctal cautery that is reversible, but I haven't been able to find anyone in Australia that can do this. I was wondering if you could help me find someone. Please let me know if you can.

Comment

Working...
    X