Good doc plugs two colleagues: Boston and Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good doc plugs two colleagues: Boston and Toronto

Today I went to see Dr. Guillon in London again and he mentioned he had colleagues he worked with and respected for their Dry Eye knowledge in North America. I can't find the Boston guy on the net, maybe I got his name down wrong.

But in Toronto, he recommends Dr. Barbara Caffrey. And she's definitely easy to find on Google.
    ---
    Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
    Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Hi,
    do you remember the one in Boston ? Also, is Dr. Guillon competent in things like plugs ecc? Thanks a lot

Comment

Yes, he is competent with plugs, contacts, etc. He's also got a research facility nearby which does original sports vision research.

http://www.michelguillon.com/locationResearch.asp

The name of the Boston guy doesn't show up on any web searches, so I may have it wrong. I thought he said "Mark Adelson".
      ---

Comment

Thanks...

About the boston doctor...maybe it's this:

Dr. Mark B. Abelson, MD
        Dr. Abelson practices Ophthalmology in Andover, Boston, East Boston, Lawrence, and North Andover, Massachusetts. Dr. Mark Abelson, a male, graduated with an MD.

Address
        138 Haverhill Street,
        Andover, Massachusetts (MA) 01810

http://www.andovereye.org/biographie...aphies&UID=102
        Last edited by Francesco; 19-Nov-2007, 08:57.

Comment

Steve, thanks for the suggestions! I really appreciate it. I also used to live in Stockholm (for five months on a university exchange), so it's exciting to see that you live there too. Oddly, my eye problems started to get worse while I was there.

Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Barbara Caffrey in Toronto?

Comment

Good luck in Toronto and let me know!

I've lived in Stockholm (5 years) and in Boston (5 years) too! And I'm actually from Toronto and may go back there someday, so it will be good to know a good dry-eye doc there.

But I'm in Scotland now. The man here appears to be Dr. David Crystal, and although dry-eye is his specialty, I don't know if he's any good...
            ---

Comment

Hi Steve, just thought I'd update you in case you ever come back to Toronto. I saw the recommended Dr. Barbara Caffrey in Toronto. She came across as probably one of the most knowledgeable (and academic oriented) optometrists I've seen so far. Unfortunately no miracle cure though either. One word of caution, which I'm assuming is common for the other well known doctors, is that she is quite busy. I had booked a second appointment, but she had to later cancel since she had a research study to do that day, and apparently she had requested that all her patients she cancelled on go see one of her colleagues. I tried requesting another day, but supposedly she is booked till next year (that is according to the receptionist, and slightly peculiar I must say).

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X