Greetings to everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings to everyone.

Hello, Nothing personal, however I wish I had nothing to complain about. I wish I had no need to find places like this, but unfortunately I do. And obviously you being here do as well. I had no idea that 30% of LASIK patients suffer permanent dry eye afterwards. This does not bode well for Opthomology and LASIK and might place us (dry eye'ers) in Class Action lawsuit territory . Any of you lawyers suffer with LASIK dry eyes?

I started to get near sighted (glasses) in the 4th grade. My eyes slowly got worse and worse as the years went by. I wondered about treatments like radial keritotomy and other procedures. I finally got the money to get these eyes LASIKed and have had dry eyes since July 1, 2003. To be honest,
    my dry eyes are unbalanced. My left eye (and vision)is by far the worst. I have punctal plugs in every eyeball drain oriface and still the left is periodically dry throughout the day. The right one is not as dry, and quite frequently will drip tears every so often. I treat my eye condition passively with the plugs, with the drops and by using over the counter Flax seed capsules. I am searching (again) for some sort of drop or suppliment which will be the silver bullet .
    Thanks in advance,
    Robert Hohlt, Jr.

Hello Robert, and welcome to the Zone!

I am sorry to hear about your dry eyes. It's interesting about one being worse than the other; I know several people that experience that.

I wish that dry eye treatment could always be as simple as "plug'n'drop". For a lot of lucky people it is but it wasn't for us and that's why we have set up this website. Sometimes it is as simple as getting a better product; however, especially when there is mucin or lipid deficiency it can take more than that to keep things under control. I'd recommend you have a look through our FAQ pages (here) for some more background, particularly "What is dry eye syndrome?" which explains why it might not respond to tear supplementation or occlusion.

I assume you see a doctor regularly. Do you know how your tear break-up time is? If you have a poor TBUT you may benefit from lid therapy.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
      Hello Robert, and welcome to the Zone!

I am sorry to hear about your dry eyes. It's interesting about one being worse than the other; I know several people that experience that.
      ...Do you know how your tear break-up time is? If you have a poor TBUT you may benefit from lid therapy.
      Hello Rebecca, thanks for your simpathy. Please read my other post in this area about Chalazions. I think that may have some bearing in my case. Also if you are a moderator, please move that thread over to the Open Forums as that is where it should have gone, and others may comment or get some good out of it.

I have 2 sets of doctors that fill my head with all sorts of data. One said my tear break-up was bad so I started taking the Flax seed caps.
      There was also a different but related infection with the eyelids which I used warm compresses and lid scrubs.

I have many problems with my eyes: eyelid infections, floaters, and dry eyes .

Comment

Working...
      X