Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve in Sweden says hi

Hi, I'm Steve and I'm new here.

I'm 42 years old and was diagnosed with dry-eye and bacterial keratitis in May. It arrived very suddenly for no apparent reason. It's making work difficult, and since I also work on side projects from home on my computer, just screwing up life in general.

Being an American in Sweden I have really limited access to the meds described here, but I consider this problem a top priority -- I'll do whatever it takes to get hold of stuff if I know it will help.

Doctors here have not been helpful at all -- so far I've been prescribed a combination topical antibiotic/cortisone cream to deal with the bacterial thing (which didn't help much, and I don't want to keep using anything with cortisone too long). Other than that, I've been told to wash my eyelids daily and use artificial tears drops, whichever and whenever I want.

And nobody has given me any hope that the problem will clear up.

I'm sincerely hoping it can. I will change diet, add supplements, explore different treatments and even kinds of eye washing -- whatever it takes to get my life back. But first I know I need to read up on this stuff and get very familiar with the research.

If only reading wasn't so bloody painful suddenly. More details to come on a post on the right group.

Cheers,

Steve
    ---
    Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
    Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?
Working...
X