This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can dry eyes cause a hazy looking vision as a symptom

I was wondering if dry eyes a meibomian gland problems can cause an oily or hazy vision problem. My eyes always feel sticky and the more sticky and oily my eyes feel the more visual problems I have. I do not see alot about this on this sight so ANY ideas would help....

Any response would be helpfull. There must be somebody out there that has vision issues with dry eyes..

Comment

Hi Joseph,

You have replied already to my thread:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...imary-symptoms

So we do have the same symptoms. It would be nice if other people with vision problems caused by meibomian gland dysfunction, would response to our threads so that we can start changing information.

Do you have this problem since a while or just recently? Do you also have this focusing problem that I have explained in the last reply of my thread?
      Have you talked already with your dr. about it? And if so, what did he/she adviced you?
      Are you wearing glasses or lenses?

Best regards,
      Chris

Comment

Yes, dry eye can result in hazy/blurred vision. Mine is often intermittent, usually worse in the morning when my eyes are the driest.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Yup I get the blurry hazy vision too and diff types of floaters and eyelid twitch sometimes and the rest.... sigh!

Comment

Hi Joseph I am new to the site and have just posted a message under introduce yourself. I have just come across your post re. dry eyes and vision problems and though I would let you know of my experience. I have dry eyes and broke my wrist a few weeks back. Whilst in plaster I noticed that my vision got very hazy for about a week and then came back to what it was. I should point out that I have cataracts and thought they were getting worse. I can only put this down to the fact that with my hand in plaster it was hard to keep up compresses and cleaning routine. I happened a second time also for about a week following a couple of days away when I let the cleaning regime slip. I have an appointment this week at the eye hospital and will try and find out what has caused all this and let you know if I find out anything useful.

Comment

Dry Eyes and Vision problems

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              I was wondering if dry eyes a meibomian gland problems can cause an oily or hazy vision problem. My eyes always feel sticky and the more sticky and oily my eyes feel the more visual problems I have. I do not see alot about this on this sight so ANY ideas would help....
              Hi Joseph,
              Just to let you know I attended eye hospital this morning and my cataracts have worsened. My dry eyes are of concern before any surgery as they want them in the best possible conditions, so I was given advice re hot compresses and cleaning regime which I already do but must really try and improve. She mentioned the glands were oily. I asked about vision problems which might be caused by dry eye and she did say that dry eyes might causes some fluctuation in vision. I can only suggest that you keep up with cleaning and compresses regime and if worried ask to be referred to eye hospital if not already attending. Hope all goes well for you.

Comment

Yes,have it daily

Comment

Working...
                X