No announcement yet.

Blepharitis for 3 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is conventional bletharitis treatment? I have posterior blethritis which is different to anterior pretheritis. With my type of blethritis the only thing I do is heat compresses, keep the eyelids clean by using warm boiled water (blethasol makes my eyes sore), massage them to release the clogged up oils in the glands and use hylo forte dry eye drops. I did not think there is anything else I could use.

Comment

Meta-analysis is considered to be the highest "form" of research and evidence. Here is a recent meta-analysis (May 2012) on blepharitis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22592706

The results are not super encouraging. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Karjade View Post
        Hi rppnj

Thank you for your help and I am glad you find it easy to stay on a wheatfree diet - I think I managed it for 2 days!! Wheat seems to be in everything but I am reading up on things and will continue to try. I went to my friend's yesterday and she made me a sandwich (with wheat!!) and I was so hungry that I ate it - however, I was aware that I should not be eating this sandwich so maybe that was a start!! Will keep trying - even if I cut it out by half - (no willpower!!) I will look on Amazon for the book.

Karjade xx
        Hi Karjade, Well the pollen/allergin season is coming to a close and I am having more 'good' days where my eyes feel better. I had my '6 month' Eye exam this week and my corneas looked fine, my pressure was normal and he repeated that I had a 'moderate' case of Blepharitis. I told him, "If this is is considered a 'moderate' case, I'd hate to think of what a severe case must be like!" Based on my comments regarding the past 6 months, he agreed that my Blepharitis symptoms are allergy triggered and gave me a prescription for 'Pataday' allergy eye drops...it hasn't been long enough to tell if they help but I'll let you know. The 'wheat free' diet may also be helping. I feel better overall because of it. Take care, rppnj

Comment

Hi, My friend and my self were able to kill Blepharitis. My friend used a facial scrub with Benzethonium Chloride in it. Her Blepharitis was moving up onto her eyelids. I could not find the product for sale so looked on line for what other products had Benzethonium Chloride in them. I ended up using WET ONES, antibacterial hand wipes, with Benzethonium Chloride in them.
          I tore each one into 8 sections. I used 2 on each eyelash area 4 times a day for a week and a half. After that, I went down to 3 times a day (eyes felt better). After the month, I went down to 2 times a day for several months. Once or twice it itched after that and I jumped on it with the wipes for a day or two. It has been gone for almost a year now.
          There were 3 doctors who looked into my eyes and could not find the Blepharits. One was the doctor who diagnosed the Blepharitis.
          This may sound too easy and too cheap but it works.
          Please remember 2 people using 2 different products both with Benzethonium Chloride in them no longer have this horrible problem. These can be bought on line from drug stores, etc.

Wishing you well soon,
          LyndaT

Comment

Working...
          X