No announcement yet.

Horrible Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys take when you have this headaches..???
    I get them often and I know it is the strain caused by my dry eyes. When my eyes are fine I don't get them. My face and neck hurts too. I'm not taking any pain med b/c they are supposed to dry the eyes more. Does this happen even if you do it once?

Allergies are really bad too b/c I stopped taking my antihistamine a few days ago thinking it'll help my dry eye but with all this allergy I'm not sure....
    Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

headache and dry eye

Ever since Lasik induced dry eye 2 and a half years ago I have had severe headaches .. mostly behind the eye and in the eyeballs .. it extends to neck and jaw .. It feels like terrible eyestrain and the muscles are all so tense and stiff in and around the eyes .. Horrible .. can last for days .. and I wondered if it was inflammation causing swelling and pressure behind the eyes or is it just the muscles tensing because they "know " there is a is a problem with eye irrigation .. I believe the body really objects to Laser surgery and the injury it creates to the eyes... ..and it lets you know!
      L.

Comment

headaches from dry eye

Thanks, everyone, for the postings here.

I will certainly try some of your suggestions. I already do the fish oil, cold/hot/warm compresses, and sleeping. For years now, I have had chronic daily headaches due to dry eye and/or something or other, and my sister has them, too.

Sometimes I feel like giving up on the whole "seeing-another-doctor-and-trying-to-get-better-all-the-time" thing, but then I come here and become inspired again. If you guys can keep trying, I guess I can, too. Other times I wonder how to apply for disability, but not really. I can work for a day almost every day. It's just the rest of the time that's bad. (You should see my house, for example!)

Also, anyone try testosterone drops, as have been mentioned elsewhere? If so, have they worked? And if so, how on Earth were you able to get a doctor to prescribe these? My sister tried Botox, too, to no avail, and is on at least her fifth doc.

Myself, I have an appointment with the latest "miracle worker" next week. Suggestions are most welcome!

Comment

Just to add my story to this resurrected thread, I was also initially having headaches that seemed to be to be eye related and indeed during my first visit to an ophthalmologist he said I had migraines.

The good news is I don't, but I've concluded the tension type headaches I was having were down to eye strain which were in turn mostly caused by DES. I don't really have them now - but when I was, I found heat on my forehead/around my eyes helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X