Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dry sore eyes reflex blinking and codeine.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry sore eyes reflex blinking and codeine.

I was wondering if anyone else has a reaction to codeine related to their eye soreness and pain.Last october I was prescribed the higher dose of codeine 30 mg three times a day for my slipped disc pain.In february this year the first symptoms started.Since it dries my mouth out so much I was curious if there was a connection....my gp says hes never known anyone get dry eye through codeine, but hey I dont beleive him.Also if I was to discontinue codeine pain would be v.bad.At present I would do anything to get rid of dry eye pain.Am in agony every day with it and its restricted my life so much I cant work.Can dry eye get better if it was the codeine or am i stuck with it...help...Am v. depressed over this. would love to get a reply to this thread..

I have not noticed an increase in DES symptoms with Codeine, but when I was on Hydrocodone (Vicodin) earlier this year after surgery, I noticed my DES was worse. It is not clear to me if that was because I had been sleeping more and as a result, lubricating less, or if it was due to the medication. Everyone is different, so just because eye dryness is not listed as a side-effect, it does not mean it can't be one for some people.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hey Cherrybrandy,

Maybe you could talk to the doctor that prescribed the codeine and see if you can could try a different type of painkiller. There's several effective ones out there, and if your eyes get better then you'll know it was probably the codeine. Good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
      X

Debug Information