post lasik newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post lasik newbie

Hi. Just a quick thank you to Rebecca and all of you on this forum. I've been a silent visitor for the past month & have been impressed with everyone's support for each other and all the words of encouragement.

My story... 39 yo female had lasik 11 weeks ago. It's been a frustrating experience. I came out with an undercorrection and my dry eyes has been getting worse. My current routine is restasis 2x day, oasis tearsplus 4x day or as needed, refresh PM, sleep with eye mask, was taking Theratears supplements but switched to BioTears last week and just started doxy this week. Also, just started doing rice bag warm compresses 2x day 10min followed by lid hygiene&massage. I also have 4 plugs in place. I feel as though my surgeon is sympathetic and accomodating. She has been seeing me every 2 weeks and monitoring my dry eyes and visual fluctuations. At this point, I will not see her for another month. It gets tiring to hear the same thing every appt. So, I now have pretty bad dry eyes and still wear glasses for distance and nighttime.

It seems that others have similar experiences to me. I understand that the first year post lasik is rough and I feel like I am taking a beating. I am currently in therapy as well for the past month because this has really taken a toll on me. Anyway, any words of wisdom would be great.

---SDgirl2

Hello folks... just wanting to post an update. It's been a while since I've posted on the forum. I had LASIK 17 months ago and it has been
    rough. I ended up with severe dry eyes, floaters and an undercorrection post LASIK. As many of you can relate, I went thru a mental beating. However, I am happy to report that I have made HUGE improvements. Yes, they came slowly but they CAME. I found the support of caring doctors who helped me get thru this. I have not seen them for a while since I have found a system that works for me. In addition, I ditched my LASIK MD because she downplayed all my symptoms and made me feel dumb.

As of the last few months, I have returned back to my normal work schedule (12 hour night shifts in a DRY hospital) and I have returned to my duties as the ultimate soccer mom. In addition, I am back to reading daily. Yes, my eyes are still sensitive and I do have to use eye drops (oasis tears) upon waking up and before going to bed but that's pretty much it. In addition, I continue to take Biotears 2x a daily. I am diligent about wearing my sunglasses when I am out. At this point I am pretty confident that I will continue to improve as long as I continue protect my eyes.---at least that is the feedback my MDs have given me.

I thank you all for posting great advice and kind words full of hope. I pray that you all have continued healing.

Pls feel free to PM me with any questions/comments you may have. I truly don't mind sharing more of my experiences.

Comment

Just curious, did you use restasis? did you just wake up one morning and you were better?
      so happy to hear about your improvement.

Comment

Working...
      X