Eye issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye issues...

Hello ladies and gents, I've been dealing with some eye issues for a little bit now (maybe 3/4 yrs) to make a long story short to me my eyes had been normal forever, then a couple years back i got a bump here and a bump there, couple DR. visits later bammm you have whats known as CHALAZIONS. So then I get the try this try that I end up having to get them removed surgically cuz they wont go away, I have it done and i think perfect its all over NOT SO MUCH, since that I feel my eyes are DRY or so I assume, the procedure was done on my (right eye) and I feel that eye gives me more trouble than the left. Both feel dry but the right i feel maybe is more swollen/droopy/diff than the left, never before these issues had I noticed/felt issues in the eyes. I've tried xy & z drops including RESTASIS currently yet still the issues, anyone experience anything like this ? any help/suggestions ? Thanks.

26 views, no replies...

Comment

Ahem! I replied to your message on General Chat! Hello! Your ID says 'Family member' but I think you might be 'Patient' - you can change that in 'My Profile' at top right, then in 'About me' tab, if you want to.

Why are you getting all these repeat chalazia, do they think? What antibiotics or antibacterials have they tried?

Are you doing well with warm compresses, or is it better to clean your eyes in a warm shower? What eyelid cleaners have you tried?

If your eyelids are getting more droopy, are the docs absolutely sure your eyes are still closing well, because this can be a problem, esp when asleep. Any chance you are wearing an eye mask at night? (beauty treatment style rather than Batman)

anyone experience anything like this
      Many people here have chronic blepharitis but it's a question of working out how to keep the eyes good. Hopefully, we'll get some more suggestions soon.
      Last edited by littlemermaid; 12-Apr-2013, 00:05.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Sorry mermaid, yeah my gf created this to read on here so i decided to post. As for whats causing them, nothing has been confirmed they just say the glands clog and i can get them again. I have done the warm compresses and as long as i dont over do it im ok if i over do them i feel it dries my eyes up, I dont do the compresses all the time as i havent really had any chalazions/or what have you lately. As of late its more the eye lid (right) feeling/looking a bit more droopy/swollen maybe, and the dryness. Never worn any mask and i just use the restasis which i dont think has done much so to speak and systane drops.
        Thank you for the response.

Comment

I have never had a chalazon but have you used any lid cleaners such as Ocusoft? Or have you been tested for any allergic component that could be causing it? I am using Ocusoft original lid pads and (knock on wood) they have worked to cler up my lids which are chronically inflamed most of the time. I am trying to look into whether allergies may play a role in my inflammation... I live in Canada and its a year wait for a patch allergy test so I am going to a naturopath tomorrow because that way I can get in early. Systane drops bother my eyes and I can't use them... Maybe try other tears to see if it is a contact dermatitis thing? Someone on here mentioned that to me when I was using systane and it turns out the tears were bugging my lids! Who knows....it's a trial and error thing. good luck!

Comment

I use the whole baby shampoo method for the lids. As for allergies ive never been tested, only thing ive been told since i was young is that im allergic to penicillin and i did have drops given b4 for allergies pataday and something else.. I dont know anymore its frustrating, thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Is it your upper right eyelid that's swollen, do you think? It does sound like sensitivity unless there's a lump in there.

Might be worth trying the ophthalmic formulated eyelid cleaners like Ocusoft, as Faith is saying, see if it's the baby shampoo ingredients causing more sensitivity problems. Obviously detergents break up oils in the tear film too, which is what we don't want. We just need to keep the eyelid margins clean as gently as possible.

Like Faith, we use different tear substitute eyedrops when sensitivities develop or we need something more lubricant.

Have you had time off from Restasis or are they advising to use it ongoing?
              Last edited by littlemermaid; 13-Apr-2013, 00:02.
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Well last time I went to the doc they told me to use the restasis twice a day and lubricating drops(systane) hot compresses here n there, I made an app for this upcoming friday due to the issues persisting. I might just give the ocusoft a try, I'm just a lil frustrated since this is all fairly new(3/4yrs) at least eye issues and its all out of nowhere. Yeah the swelling seems to be the right eye more so upper lid,swelling/droopier maybe not crazy droop or swelling but def makes me self conscious.

Comment

Working...
                X