Prose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prose

To those who may be considering PROSE. Had mine done this week at Johns Hopkins and the difference is tremendous - a life changer. Dry eyes for 20 years - tried everything. Still struggling to insert the lenses but as for one who doesnt even like I drops I am making it. Read much here over the past year re dry eyes - I have found my miracle.

Awesome and thanks for sharing! Whats your diagnosis? How long did the fitting process take?

Comment

Originally posted by Katewest View Post
      Awesome and thanks for sharing! Whats your diagnosis? How long did the fitting process take
      Blepharitis Sjorgens disease - corneal disease. As for how long went in this past Monday at 9 - left today/Thursday at 10:30 a.m. Guess lucky for short time but can't complain about the results.

Comment

Hey Mike. Two questions for you...

1. How does it handle light sensitivity/photophobia? Do those symptoms cease while wearing Prose?

2. Can you wear them during exercise? Would sweat getting in the eye mess with the environment in the eye?

Definitely excited to check out Prose later this year.
        32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Mike, congrats. So glad to hear it.

Marty, I'll throw my own two cents on sweat & PROSE into the pot... When I'm doing heavy farm chores and have sweat pouring into my eyes, personally I feel better in PROSE than I do with my 'naked' eyes. Same goes for chopping onions & other things that would normally irritate my eyes. It's like I've got armor on and my eyes become impervious to everything except wind and prolonged computer use.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Happy to read some good news. Can I ask the cost?

Comment

$6,000 per eye, from the last I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                Mike, congrats. So glad to hear it.

Marty, I'll throw my own two cents on sweat & PROSE into the pot... When I'm doing heavy farm chores and have sweat pouring into my eyes, personally I feel better in PROSE than I do with my 'naked' eyes. Same goes for chopping onions & other things that would normally irritate my eyes. It's like I've got armor on and my eyes become impervious to everything except wind and prolonged computer use.
                Impervious to anything? That's music to my ears! Does that mean your eyes are free of staining (I have staining despite my best efforts!) and moist, pain free, and comfortable? I am thinking of getting fitted with sclerals after I deliver my baby and breastfeed so that the cornea will settle down beforehand. I assume that despite them not touching the cornea, you must need a stable topography to get a good fit!

Also, may I ask how many hours a day you use the computer? I average about 3 hours but it may be too much for my dry eyes!

Comment

Marty,

Spent all day outside in sun and wind with no problems. I was incredibly light sensitive prior to PROSE and now about 80%. Have some troubles in stores but guessing still adjustment period - only been 5 days. Outside I am great - what a difference. Back to gym on Monday so don't know how sweat works yet. Mike

Originally posted by MartyM1985 View Post
                  Hey Mike. Two questions for you...

1. How does it handle light sensitivity/photophobia? Do those symptoms cease while wearing Prose?

2. Can you wear them during exercise? Would sweat getting in the eye mess with the environment in the eye?

Definitely excited to check out Prose later this year.

Comment

For me it was submited as a medical condition and not eyes so only have $25 copay per visit. Supposedly about $10k otherwise and given how my eyes are now I think I would have paid that. Wonderful to have eyes back. Mike

Originally posted by Pam View Post
                    Thanks for sharing. Happy to read some good news. Can I ask the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by mikehopingforprose View Post
                      For me it was submited as a medical condition and not eyes so only have $25 copay per visit. Supposedly about $10k otherwise and given how my eyes are now I think I would have paid that. Wonderful to have eyes back. Mike
                      10K for the fitting I'm guessing? Lenses themselves are considerably cheaper I would think.

Let us know how the gym goes Mike. I'm excited about your early success.
                      32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

At gym tonight for an hour and no problems with sweat and lenses. Also a replacement lens is $750 which may or may not be covered by my medical insurance. Mike

Comment

Mike can I please ask you what diameter your PROSE lenses area? eg: 18mm or more. And do you get any redness after wearing them for several hours, especially in the nasal conjunctiva?.... this information would be very helpful.

Comment

Don't know the diameter but guessing 18mm - about the size of a penny. It is now day 11 and got them in this morning in 10 minutes. I wear about 13-14 hours per day with some itchiness in the afternoon but fades by evening - could be my dry office environment. No redness whatsover. The relief I get while wearing is unbelievable - no scratching - no burning - no pain - no rubbing eyes and sight is incredible. I have finally found my solution after 4 years of agony. Mike

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
                            Mike can I please ask you what diameter your PROSE lenses area? eg: 18mm or more. And do you get any redness after wearing them for several hours, especially in the nasal conjunctiva?.... this information would be very helpful.

Comment

Mike, can I ask do you have aqueous deficiency?
                              I'm so happy for you that you finally get relief!

Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X