Plugs ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs ???

So I hear they fall out easily, how easy ? I just had them put in, think they're working ok so far, I ask because i'm going to an amusement park this weekend and i'm a lil worried they fall out on a ride maybe ???

If they are fitted well, odds are they won't fall out. I've been on amusement park rides with them, snorkeling with them, and pretty much any other activity I want, and they stay put.

I try not to rub the inside corners of my eyes though, since I figure that might dislodge or irritate them... but other than that, I don't do anything differently compared to pre-plugs... I also am in the habit of checking that they are still there when I look in the mirror in the morning. So far, so good... and it's been 3.5 years now that they've been in there.

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
      If they are fitted well, odds are they won't fall out. I've been on amusement park rides with them, snorkeling with them, and pretty much any other activity I want, and they stay put.

I try not to rub the inside corners of my eyes though, since I figure that might dislodge or irritate them... but other than that, I don't do anything differently compared to pre-plugs... I also am in the habit of checking that they are still there when I look in the mirror in the morning. So far, so good... and it's been 3.5 years now that they've been in there.
      How can you see them? I dont feel them anymore, but I guess they are still there. Not sure if I can see them though.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
        How can you see them? I dont feel them anymore, but I guess they are still there. Not sure if I can see them though.
        It depends on the the kind of plugs you have. Some you can see, some you cannot.

But I've been wearing my SMART plugs for almost a year (bottom) and they are still in there. Although I believe Rebecca has strong feelings against SMART plugs, I have had absolutely zero problems with them.

I've done all kinds of things in them. Ran seven miles in them on Saturday, played flag football with them, loads of other things. I think you'll be fine.

One hint of advice... might be a good idea to close your eyes for a good duration of the rollercoasters. That wind could be brutal on your eye balls, but it depends on your condition I guess. Have fun!
        32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Mine are silicone umbrella style plugs... I can see the cap of the plug... it looks like a tiny white thing fitting over my puncta (whereas without the plugs, my puncta was a tiny pin-hole-sized black dot)

Comment

Thanks a lot all, I went and it went well. I did get a little irritation/dryness/sensitivity due to the wind/speed of the rides but I def cannot complain. Thanks again.

Comment

mine havent fallen out

anyone can answer me, if i ever get rid of dry eye one day, can the ophtalmogist remove the plugs? i would say yes

Comment

Working...
              X