X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help with my Blepharitis

Hi i'm Charlotte
    I have been suffering from Blepharitis for about 4 years now and I really don't know what to do. I have tried all kinds of gels, shampoos and wipes and I don't feel like anything really gets my condition under control. It really gets me down because it looks like I've been crying all the time. Would really appreciate some help. Looking forward to hear from someone.
    All the best
    Char

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 04:12.

Comment

Hey charlotte! First of all it will be good to get the ophthalmologist opinion what type of blepharitis do you have. We know anterior and posterior blepharitis. Anterior blepharitis can be controlled with the use of special cleanser (some doctors recommend using dilute baby shampoo, however a lot of patient find it irritating and instead use cleansers made for this condition for example sterilid, occusoft, blephasol, ...). If you have posterior blepharitis or meimboiman gland dysfunction you should be treated by doing warm compresses twice a day for ten minutes, and cooperate with your ophthalmologist to see what is the state of your meimboiman glands (are they open and are secretions liquid or thick). Flare ups can be treated under ophthalmologist supervision with some topical antibiotics and antiinflammatories, to get the inflammation under control. Some people used special wipes to threat demodex, which can also be cause of the blepharitis, called Cliradex. Some try all natural diet, eliminating all sugar, milk, wheat and a lot of green vegetables(anticandida diet). Because sugar and some other food can trigger your inflammation. It is good to use supplementations daily, which also work as antiinflammatory, for example Omega 3, vitamin C, flex seed oil. However to feel some benefit the doses must be quite high 2 g of omega 3(crucial is EPAHA ratio, that should be in the ratio 3:2 or for example 1800 EPA and 1200 DHA daily, check the ingredients how much of them include one tablet and how many tablets per day do you need) , 1000 mg of vitamin C twice daily, two table spoons of flax seed oil daily, astaxanthin 4-6 mg. Some people have some success with supplements like Thera Tears, Hydroeye,...But it can take to 6 months to see some improvement, However it will be really good to be diagnosed properly first and than to make some treatment plan with your eye doctor. I am not a doctor and everything I did write is just from my own research by reading stories and advices from other people, suffering with blepharitis/dry eye here on the forum. Best whishes

Comment

Thank you for your help. I actually just found a new product that really helps me but I really appreciate all your advice!

Comment

I was reading posts about people's trials and tribulations with Blepharitis caused MGD.
          A product was mentioned: Style n'Clean and it looks very much like the tool used by opthamaolgists for a Bleph-X treatment at almost $200 a pop. But when I searched for the product I found only a very bare bones website somewhere in Europe and the cost (although) I entered I would be paying USD was totaled in Krona. I have no idea where this place is, who I would be dealing with, there no safe site for using a credit card. I'd guess this is Denmark but while the site is in English, they don't identify the country you're dealing with in English.

I think you were the poster and if you were (the site is all screwed up right now) I was wondering where you bought this product?

Is it available through any sources in the US?

Has anyone else here tried it that you know of? I'd really appreciate some info.

Here's what I found: http://styleandclean.com/pages/cleaning Company Information
          Cool Solution ApS
          Store Kongensgade 36, 4. tv.
          1264 København K
          Cvr: 36920513

My shopping cart looks like this:
          Cleansing Sponges 39,00 kr
          1 Style'n'Clean Pen + Cleansing Gel + Cleansing Sponges 399,00 kr
          Subtotal 438,00 kr
          Shipping 165,00 kr
          Total
          Including 0,00 kr in taxes
          DKK 603,00 kr
          Last edited by Max; 16-Dec-2015, 13:30.

Comment

I found virtually the same post about Style n' Clean on a site called Curezone or something similar; it's a new post dated Dec. 15, 2015 -- yet when I emailed the Style n' Clean product site my email bounced - seems Cool Solution ApS doesn't exist:
            This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason: Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server. The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected. Recipient: <info@styleandclean.com> Reason: 5.7.1 <info@styleandclean.com>: Recipient address rejected: user info@styleandclean.com does not exist

Comment

Hey Max I bought it from their site. My first impression of the site was also that it looked pretty weird but I was really interested in the product so I wrote them a mail about their products. They said they are a newly started company from Denmark and are still working on their site. I decided to take a chance and order the product even though it also changed to krona when i ordered. I received the product a few days later and it works really well. There was no problem with their email when I wrote them last week.

Comment

Hi Charlotte: It's a bit expensive and I'm shelling out a fortune in treatments every month. I was wondering if you could provide more information about the product. Mainly, is it anything like the Bleph-X tool used to clean lids and eyelash lines for $200 a pop at eye doctors?

Can you describe it?

Are their cosmetic warming and pulsating tools available on Amazon for example for much less that do the same thing but don't mention dry eye syndrome?

Can you upload some images of it - very close?

How would you rate it as a tool in your hygiene regime?

I hope you can help because I can't find any information anywhere except for the minimal info on the very very bare bones site in Denmark.

I'm wondering what Rebecca would advise.

Thanks
                Max

Comment

Originally posted by savino View Post
                  Avenova if you're in the US or NatraSan if you're from EU. Wet Ones wipes cured a lot of people on the patient.co.uk forum. Honey is another option.
                  Ctrl/Cmd+V

Comment

Hey Max. Yeah it is a bit pricy but not compared to how well it works. I just looked at the Bleph-X tool and they look remarkably similar but I can't attach a photo every time I try I get an error message. I could send some to your email if you want. I haven't been able find any totally similar products to this which is why I ended up buying it. I would give it an 8 or 9 out 10, regarding hygiene. My eyes haven't been this clean in years. Regarding information heres the instructions that followed with my pen, they will give a pretty good idea of how it works.

Style’n’Clean-Pen carefully cleans your eyelashes and your eyelids, removing both mascara as well as any allergens such as pollen, dust and dandruff-like scales.

How to use Style’n’Clean-Pen, when cleaning your eyelashes and eyelids:
                    1. Use Style’n’Clean-Pen in front of a mirror.
                    2. Remove styling device (a) (outer plastic part) from the heater and attach sponge.
                    3. Turn on Style’n’Clean-Pen (b) (a red light will indicate “on”) and wait 30 seconds until the sponge feels warm.
                    4. Rinse sponge under hot water and then press the sponge to remove any residual water. It is now ready to use.
                    5. Apply Cleansing Gel to your eyelashes (the Gel is safe to come in contact with the mucous membrane in the eye and will actually moisten it).
                    6. Turn on rotation (c) (can rotate in both directions).
                    7. Apply the rotating sponge to the root of your eyelashes and use plenty of Cleansing Gel.
                    8. If necessary finish by applying additional Cleansing Gel for an improved moisturizing effect on your eyelashes and eyelids.
                    9. Turn off rotating sponge and HEATER!
                    10. Clean sponge under running water, and change when necessary.
                    11. Attach safety cap when Style’n’Clean-Pen is not in use.

Comment

[QUOTE=charlotte88;n198713]Hey Max. Yeah it is a bit pricy but not compared to how well it works. I just looked at the Bleph-X tool and they look remarkably similar but I can't attach a photo every time I try I get an error message. I could send some to your email if you want. I haven't been able find any totally similar products to this which is why I ended up buying it. I would give it an 8 or 9 out 10, regarding hygiene. My eyes haven't been this clean in years.

I've been emailing back and forth with the company. I sent them a lot of info about the BlephEx tool including youtubes and close-up images. I've been talking with Kim Julian (info@styleandclean.com). Kim was very interested and sent me close up photos of the Style n' Clean tool which does seem similar plus it has a warming feature. It is very interesting since it would cost 1/2 the price of one BlephEx treatment! It's still expensive for me and I would never get a second BlephEx but I do use the cleaning fluid that came with the treatment and is sold only with prescription. Cost is $32 dollars for a small spritz bottle.

Here are copies of our email exchanges:
                      Hello xxx

It is indeed very similar to the BlephX pen and based on the same idea, that you can clean your eyelids more effectively with a small rotating brush. In addition to this, the pen also heats up so when you add a little water on it it provides a very effective cleansing. We have also develop a cleansing gel for use afterwards that soothes irritated eyelids. I have included a picture that is a close up of the pen as well as our instruction manual that comes with the pen so you can get a better understanding of how it works.

I would definitely advise you to stop spending 200$ per treatment when you can get your own device for less than half the price. Our product has been developed by an ophthalmologist and tested on several patients, which is why I know it works. The 10€ discount is equivalent to 11$.

If you want more information I will be happy to provide it.

All the best

Frederik T. Julian - CEO

Cool Solution ApS
                      Copenhagen 1264
                      Denmark
                      Cvr: 36920513

2015-12-17 22:47 GMT+01:00 xxxxxx:

Thank you but I really have no idea what this apparatus looks like or how similar it is to Blephex gadget that looks a bit like an electric toothbrush with a different head.

Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnVYXqk8D28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mErN6vu_KCM

http://dryeyecentre.co.uk/blephex/

Quote from their website: "The Blephex machine is like going to see the dental hygienist but for eyes. It’s spinning head removes all of the debris from the lids and lashes like a super deep clean. This allows the patient to continue lid hygiene at home and to successfully eliminate blepharitis and reduce their dry eye symptoms." It was lightly heated.

Was like an eraser on the end of a electric or battery operated toothbrush. It's just too simple to be charging $200 a treatment for and I have to find something I can use that is similar but affordable. My medical bills and insurance payments don't cover any dry eye treatments at all.

I really have to do more homework and find something to help me through my daily eye hygiene regime. And I can't make snap judgments.

On 12/17/2015 3:48 PM, Kim Julian wrote:
                      Thank you for your input it means a lot to us. We have just updated our site to take care of some of the problems we were having, which due to a bad programmer and the fact that we are newly started company and we are lacking a little expertise in some areas. We have just added Paypal as a payment option for more security. I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience and you have my sincerest apologies. Getting our product on Amazon sounds like a great idea and it is definitely something that i will look into. I would like to offer you a 10€ discount should you still be interested in the product, you just enter this code SAC in the checkout. I agree that a solution like this is need and I am sure that this is a product that will help a lot of people with their eye problems. If theres anything you want to know or I can do to ease your reservations about us let me know.

All the best

Frederik T. Julian - CEO

Cool Solution ApS
                      Copenhagen 1264
                      Denmark
                      CVR: 36920513

2015-12-17 17:22 GMT+01:00 xxx&gt;
                      :
                      I read that a member of DryEyeZone used Style&amp;Clean so I tried finding more info on it. Same exact post appeared on another website but no real explanation of how it worked.

Found your website. Very raw -, total amount due came out in Krona which left me not knowing what the cost was even though I clicked for USD. An, too expensive, took me some web search to find out what country I was dealing with, I contacted via email and it was bounced back as non-existing email. My spider sense said "NO".

We need a solution like this. Look into Beph-X treatments for Bepharatis. A simple scrubbing pen is used directly on the eyelids and along lash line.

Produce a like product and you'd help millions with Dry Eye Syndrome, mostly from bad Lasik surgery. Then sell to Americans on Amazon or the like. Give a few people free test products in exchange for unbiased reviews. You're 3/4 there.

On 12/17/2015 8:11 AM, Kim Julian wrote:
                      Hello xxx

We have noticed that you recently abandoned your checkout on our site www.styleandclean.com. As we are a newly started company we are very interested in hearing why you abandoned your checkout so we might improve our services for future customers. We have recently experienced some problems with our email and payment system but they should be up and running again. We hope that you will reconsider buying our product as we are sure you will find it of great use. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

All the best

Frederik T. Julian - CEO

Cool Solution ApS
                      Copenhagen 1264

Comment

They are just starting out but they do have a blog site which is empty. Perhaps anyone who has questions or wants the image they sent me that I cannot upload here, or who want to report back about how this product works compared to Blephex, which I would like to do after a few weeks of experimentation, might like to post:

http://styleandclean.com/blogs/news#

In all honesty they should have an American Flag up in the left along with Denmark and UK and link to a cart that figures out the cost in USD. They also need some additional images in color, including images of the unit with the foam head.

If they hear what people suffering with dry eye need, they can work from your suggestions.

Comment

I ordered the Style 'n clean pen weeks ago and still waiting. He sent me a tracker but the link doesn't work; I have no idea why. Will update when I get it. Fingers crossed.

I found a picture of it with the cleaning tool attached on a website http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/13...ylenclean-pen/

Comment

That sounds very odd. I'll also cross my fingers for you. Hope it'll help you as much as it has helped me

Comment

Originally posted by charlotte88 View Post
                              That sounds very odd. I'll also cross my fingers for you. Hope it'll help you as much as it has helped me
                              I received and have been using it for about 4 days now. It's small and a bit hard to change batteries. The directions aren't good. You have squeeze the barrel to get it open.

It's sometimes a challenge getting the white sponge onto the rod but we're getting better at it.

The metal rod that heats up for the eyelash curler isn't covered by the sponge and you have be careful because it gets pretty hot and the raw metal shaft can touch your cheek if you're not very careful and it does burn. No bruising but you'd never want it to happen twice. That's something this company has to address - that exposed part the stem needs to insulated.

So far so good. It seems to be doing a very good job cleaning my lids and the inner lash line. I've been using it daily, wetting it with hot water, squeezing it out and using Avenova as the cleaning solution. So far no negative responses

Comment

Working...
                              X