Dry and I can't take it anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry and I can't take it anymore

I have been suffering with my eyes for at least 5+years. I have been to Yale and just recently got tired of going to Mass Eye & ear. I live in Ct and have tryed serum tears take 1000mg of azythromycin once a week apply hot compresses in the morning take Flax Oil liquid every day etc etc
    Here is where I need advice Lipaflow or MB gland work.
    Is there HOPE?

Originally posted by bobo604b View Post
    Here is where I need advice Lipaflow or MB gland work.
    Is there HOPE?
    There is always hope... I know everyone says that, and you've probably heard it before... but it's true!
    Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 22:06.

Comment

I'm going through the same thing. Although mine isn't as bad as yours since I've just recently got dry eye(6 months ago). It's summer break right now and I should be happy but I'm not. While everyone is excited with their plans I'm stuck here worrying about my eyes everyday.

Comment

Thanks its a thought I'll try it

Comment

Hi! I used to suffer from dry eyes from when I was about 8 till 16 years. I use to have red eyes and infections and had to use steroid drops and was given artificial tears to apply every 2 hrs. I felt like it would never stop.

However, after some research of my own I read that lack of vitamin A can cause dry eyes. And therefore I bought some vitamin A suppliments and they worked! I suggest you take them. After a few months my eyes stopped being dry and red. I take vitamin a every week now and it's been over 5 years since I had another infection/allergy attack. I even wear make up and lenses now which was impossible before. I can still feel my eyes irritated sometimes example in places with airconditioning but so much better now.

I hope this helps you.

Comment

Just, Thank you for giving us hope. What a success story and a massive relief! It is very kind of you to post to help us.

Did you ever have any workup for vitamin or mineral deficiencies? For skin and eye problems, a vet prescribes supplements as first line treatment, along with the tear substitutes, antibacterials or antifungals, and immunosuppressants. Not sure why docs don't do this.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Bobo,
              I also suffered from dry eye for the past 3 years and became almost debilitating. I was fitted with PROSE lenses at Johns Hopkins 2 months ago and the relief has been incredible. The Boston Foundation for Sight near you developed the procedure so you have something close. Believe me it works and has given me my life back - no drops all day, hot compresses and the lenses also correct your vision which was an added benefit. Hope this helps.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                Just, Thank you for giving us hope. What a success story and a massive relief! It is very kind of you to post to help us.

Did you ever have any workup for vitamin or mineral deficiencies? For skin and eye problems, a vet prescribes supplements as first line treatment, along with the tear substitutes, antibacterials or antifungals, and immunosuppressants. Not sure why docs don't do this.
                No doctor ever mentioned doing a blood work. They just said it was an allergy like when someone has hay fever. None of them ever mentioned it could have been a vitamin deficiency. I found that all on my own. And ofcourse I would share my story, I remember the feeling of hopelessness I had when I was 16. These forums and people's experiences are more beneficial than any doctor who just look for short term solutions rather than seeing the underneath cause.

Comment

Working...
                X