Ocular rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocular rosacea

I thought I would post something positive in case it helps someone out there. After I had my last child, my eyes starting bothering me. I couldn't wear contacts anymore, my eyes would burn, and my eyelids were swollen. I was misdiagnosed with allergies and treated for them for well over a year. I went to 4 doctors before being properly diagnosed. I finally was diagnosed with ocular Rosacea. I found some info on lipiflow so I went and had that done. No results. I then found some info on IPL. I went and had the IPL done which was some sessions back to back ( I can't remember the exact schedule). My eyes felt like new after a few sessions. I now get maintenance treatments every 6 months, wash with sterilid twice a day, and only wear minimal eye liner. I also make sure I get enough sleep.My eyes are almost like new. I have not tried contacts again just because it's not worth the risk of feeling that way again. Hope this helps someone! I know the feeling of having severe dry eye. The last time they tested my tears they were normal!!!! The downside is my insurance doesn't cover it but it's worth the money to me. I was getting to the point of not being able to work!!!

Thanks for posting this. I never tried it among the many things I have tried. I wonder if it could help me too. I was diagnosed with oc too and I was on steroid drops which helped. Recently I went to another dry eye doc who I didn't like and he said IPL won't help me but I wonder if that's true.

Comment

Hello AK. Thanks for the post. I have had 4 IPL treatments so far and I have not noticed much improvement. I'm going to keep going because evidently some people do not see improvement until after 6 treatments. My doctor says my pores look better, but I'm really not getting much relief from symptoms. Since I have tried every other treatment option out thee, this is my last hope. I told my husband if it gets any worse I think I would just opt to have my eyeballs removed. I'm not sure how serious I was, but it sure freaked him out. I just get tired of the constant pain. Keep your fingers crossed for my next two treatments.

Comment

Hi Akro,
        I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better, and that IPL helped. I have ocular rosacea, tear deficiency and MGD and have also tried IPL. It helped, but did not solve the problem. The eye doc told me that he had good outcomes with IPL if people were not tear deficient and only had problems with rosacea and oil. Do not know your situation Jahcpa, but perhaps your experience is similar to mine with tear deficiency being the big drawback. I hope your eyes continue to improve Akro.

Comment

I also have tear deficiency but am on Restasis for that. I have to make sure that I do wash my eyes with the sterilid 2xday. I also hardly ever wear eye makeup or if I do it's minimal with very few ingredients. I do hope this helps someone. I seriously was on the verge of a breakdown. It took quiet a few treatments before my pores was completely open and oil was thin.

Comment

Working...
          X