Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

26 y.o french male, 0 mm in both eyes - Sjogren's or sarcoidosis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 y.o french male, 0 mm in both eyes - Sjogren's or sarcoidosis ?

Hello,

I am a young French man of 26 years. I apologize in advance for my English.
    I suffer from a very strictest of dry eye for the past 5 months.

During a visit to my ophthalmologist, it directed me to emergencies.

At that time (January 2016), I had respectively 1 mm (left eye) and 3 mm (right eye) and Schirmer test, TBUT <3 seconds for each eye. But after 4 months, 0 mm in each eye.

The service ophthalmology at first thought to Sjogren's syndrome (my mother have multiple sclerosis and this sister, a myasthenia gravis).

Tests for Sjogren's syndroms and results:

Blood test:
    - No anti-nuclear antibodies
    - No antibodies SSA, SSB, RNP
    - Sedimentation rate: normal
    - Proteins test : normal

After these results, it gave me a lip biopsy. The result is a non-specific stade 1 on the scale of Christolm. Thyroid tests are ok.

Ophthalmology not knowing what to do, I was transfered to a great doctor in internal medicine.

It made me past a thorax scan which showed bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy 2 (12 mm and 17 mm) associated with a discrete interstitial syndrome (bilateral pleural ground glass in the upper lobes).

After all these tests (and no it's not over!), The doctor thought to sarcoidosis.

I spent a stepped bronchoscopy and a bronchoalveolar lavave.
    5 biopsies have nothing demonstrated and the results of the washing or the values are in the standards.

I have to be hospitalized within 15 days to pass a PET SCAN, a biopsy of the lacrimal glands and specific blood tests at the hospital of Salpetrière (Paris)

Note that I do not have a dry mouth, but I'm extremely tired for 1 month.
    I did not really want to do a biopsy of the lacrimal glands, but I think I have not much choice.

I have to be equipped scleral lenses on 26 April. I have already carried out the tests, that's ok.
    Do you know people with sarcoidosis with a dry eye as severe?

Medication :
    - Oral Pilocarpine ==> stopped after 3 weeks, no effect
    - Omega 3 capsules

Thank you in advance for your advice, David
Working...
X