Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post here, though I've been reading the forums for quite a while now.
    First of all, apologies for my English, but I'm writing from Spain.
    My story began when I decided to undergo Lasik almost two years ago. Back then I already suspected I could have dry eyes: I had been wearing contact lenses for 20 years and I couldn't put up with them anymore. And it wasn't much better when I wore glasses. However the doctors at the clinic told me my eyes were completely normal and there was nothing wrong with them. I believed them and had the LASIK done.
    Since then my eyes haven't stopped aching and itching. I went back to that clinic and all the time they said I only had a slight allergy, but other than that my eyes were totally fine. They just told me to keep using tear drops and ointments.
    Finally a month ago I decided to go to another ophthalmologist who told me my problem was dry eye and blepharitis. It didn't come as a surprise, though: I suspected the clinic where I had the LASIK done had been deceiving me long ago.
    So far the doctor had told me to use another brand of eye drops and lid care towelettes and I must go back in two months. But I'm going to try something else as the drops are hardly helping. I've also been taking fish oil pills for a month now, but I don't think I'm noticing any improvement (maybe it's not enough time).
    My job doesn't help much either: most of it consist in entrying and tracking data in a computer (not to mention that it's in an office whose windows are never open and with a carpet that's never cleaned).
    Some days are more or less bearable, others are pretty good (mostly when I stay home or I'm travelling to humid places) but others (many others) are just hell. Right now, for instance, I feel as if my eyes were made of cardboard that's about to break into pieces.
    And that's pretty much it.
    I'm glad to have found a place where I can share my experience and also learn from other people's knowledge and experience.
    So thanks for accepting me

Hey Manupi,

Welcome... sorry to hear about your situation. You have come to the right place!

I too have dry eyes from Lasik 4 years ago which propelled me to learn a bunch about this disorder and try many different treatments.
    Lemme know if you've got any questions, I'd love to help in anyway.

Comment

Thank you! I'd love to learn from the experience of all the people here. And sorry for your dry eye

Comment

Can you get restasis or ikervis in Spain? In Europe it's ikervis and restasis in USA, also inflammation is a big key either way! I got mines due to either computer use or periods. I dunno which, but my aim is to reduce inflammation and keep comfortable, my eyes are very bad. I tried a supplement that helped then for no reason what so ever it stops working. Going to a place in 3 weeks so hoping it'll tell me more and they do inflammdry for inflammation in dry eyes. Hope this helps a little, try to aim for inflammation and things will get better!

Comment

Unfortunately Restasis isn't available here
          I don't have so many issues with inflammation, my main problems come from itchiness and that feeling of dryness (as if I had cardboard eyes, it sounds weird but it's the best way for me to describe it). I'm using carmellose eye drops at the moment, but I think I may be using too many: the doctor told me to use them 3 or 4 times a day, and I'm using 6 to 8, but I can't help it.
          Oh, and then there's the redness, but that doesn't bother me that much. I wouldn't care if there were only the redness, without the pain and the itchiness.
          Last edited by Manupi; 01-May-2016, 03:07.

Comment

Sadly dryness causes redness and itchiness ah :/ I thought you'd be able to get something little better. What about serum eye drops?

Comment

Do you mean immunological serum? No, so far I'm only on carmellose. I use Artelac sometimes too, but only when my eyes aren't aching or itching too much (otherwise they only make my eyes worse). I was diagnosed only two months ago

Comment

Working...
              X